LouCity Readjusts Kickoff Time for Saturday's Regular-Season Finale
Owing to a request from the USL Championship, Louisville City FC has reverted its kickoff time to 7:30 p.m. ET for Saturday's regular-season finale against Sporting KC II.
The game at Lynn Family Stadium had been previously announced as an 8 p.m. start, putting it in line with Indy Eleven's matchup at Saint Louis FC in a tight playoff race. Those two clubs are now expected to begin at 7:30 as well, negating any competitive advantage gained by a later opening whistle.
While this weekend's results won't impact LouCity's seeding - the boys in purple have already locked up the No. 1 spot in the USL's Group E - there is still much to play for. Beyond the first round of the 16-team playoffs, home field advantage will be determined by better record.
At 10-3-2, LouCity's 32 points are second-most in the USL's Eastern Conference, which will encompass one side of the bracket. The Group H-leading Tampa Bay Rowdies (33 points) and Group F's Pittsburgh Riverhounds (31 points) are also in play for the East's best finish.
Regardless of how the points play out, LouCity has experienced quite the resurgence after finding itself last of four in Group E exiting July on a 1-3 beginning to the USL's restart.
"I think that we played in the hardest group in the whole USL Championship, and the fact that we won it, after being at the bottom of the table three weeks into it, is incredibly impressive," said coach John Hackworth, with the Indy Eleven and Saint Louis FC the pod's other members.
"I just can't say enough about the group of men in there. Their resolve and their character to fight back and perform at well at a high level and do it consistently through this stretch, that's really hard to do in our sport. Huge credit goes to the players in that locker room."
The Sporting KC II game will air live WBKI/The CW and AM 790 WKRD with streaming options ESPN+ and the WDRB Now app.
Date, time and ticketing details for LouCity playoff games will be announced later.
USL Championship Playoffs
Oct. 8-11: Conference Quarterfinals
Oct. 15-18: Conference Semifinals
Oct. 22-25: Conference Finals
TBD: USL Championship Final
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 27, 2020
- Austin Bold FC and OKC Energy FC Battle to 0-0 Draw - Austin Bold FC
- Tacoma Defiance Returns Home, Beats Portland 2-1 - Tacoma Defiance
- Greens Keep Clean Sheet, Draw Home Finale with Austin - OKC Energy FC
- LouCity Readjusts Kickoff Time for Saturday's Regular-Season Finale - Louisville City FC
- LA Galaxy II Earn a Draw at Las Vegas - LA Galaxy II
- Rising Defense Smothers Orange County in 1-0 Win - Phoenix Rising FC
- Late Equalizers Lifts Lights FC to Draw with LA Galaxy II - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Reno Draws Sacramento to Keep First Place in Group A - Reno 1868 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Keeps Four Point Lead over New Mexico United After Scoreless Draw - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks mirror consistent pressure against Salt Lake City - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Sacramento Republic FC elevates unbeaten streak to ten straight following draw in Nevada - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Louisville City FC Stories
- What to Watch for with LouCity at Sporting KC II
- Late-Night LouCity Picks up a Point in Colorado Springs
- What to Watch for with LouCity at Colorado Springs
- McLaughlin Opens LouCity Account with a Bang in Win over Atlanta
- Pro Soccer Complex Named Lynn Family Sports Vision & Training Center