LA Galaxy II Earn a Draw at Las Vegas
LOS ANGELES (Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020) - LA Galaxy II earned a 2-2 draw on the road at Cashman Field against Las Vegas Lights FC Saturday evening in a Group B contest of USL Championship play behind goals from Augustine Williams and Jonathan Perez. With the result, LA Galaxy II are now 7-5-2 on the season with 23 points.
The first chance of the match fell to Las Vegas' Quincy Amarikwa, whose header was blocked off the line by Galaxy II defender Jalen Neal early on. Junior Sandoval eventually gave Lights FC the lead in the 39th minute. The Lights FC player brought down a long ball and placed it into the net to put his side ahead.
Los Dos' best chance of the first half fell to Jonathan Perez when a ball trickled through the entire Las Vegas defense. Unmarked from close range, Perez saw his shot tipped over the bar by Lights FC goalkeeper Thomas Olsen.
LA Galaxy II eventually found its equalizer in the 71st minute when Augustine Williams latched onto a long ball, outmaneuvered a defender and finished superbly off the far post. The goal was Williams' fourth in three games this season against Las Vegas.
Jonathan Perez got his goal 10 minutes later to put LA in front. He was in the right place at the right time as the Las Vegas defense failed to clear their lines, and the young midfielder powered in the loose ball.
Rashawn Dally scored a late goal for Las Vegas, receiving a clever through ball and finishing around the onrushing goalkeeper to level the match at two goals apiece.
LV - Junior Sandoval 39'
LA - Augustine Williams (Assisted by AdriÃ¡n Vera) 71'
LA - Jonathan Perez (Assisted by IvÃ¡n Gutiérrez) 81'
LV - Rashawn Dally 90'
LA - Mauricio Cuevas (caution) 55'
LV - Jonathan Levin (caution) 74'
LV - Junior Burgos (caution) 88'
LA Galaxy II: Abraham Romero; Mauricio Cuevas, Jalen Neal (Sebastian Nava 58'), Jesus Vazquez, Isaac Bawa; Adam Saldana, Alejandro Alvarado Jr. (Marcus Ferkranus 73'); Jonathan Perez, Jorge Hernandez (Ivan Gutierrez 58'), Adrian Vera (Adrian Gonzalez 73'); Augustine Williams.
Substitutions not used: Anthony Ramos, Victor Valdez, Carson Klein.
Head Coach: Junior Gonzalez
Referee: Brad Jensen
LA Galaxy II earned a 2-2 draw on the road at Cashman Field vs. Las Vegas Lights FC Saturday evening.
With the result, LA Galaxy II are now 7-5-2 with 23 points during the 2020 season (3-3-1 at home and 4-2-1 on the road).
LA Galaxy II are now in second place in Group B standings of USL Championship play.
The result marked the second-straight draw in 14 matches for LA Galaxy II this season.
The last two matches have marked the only two draws of the season for LA Galaxy II.
LA Galaxy II are 4-2-2 in their previous eight games.
Head Coach Junior Gonzalez holds a 14-10-6 record throughout his head coaching tenure with LA Galaxy II.
In the revised USL 2020 schedule, the league's clubs will play 263 games over 13 weeks to decide which 16 teams will advance to the 2020 USL Championship Playoffs, which will open in the second weekend of October.
LA Galaxy II compete in the USL Championship Group B for the revised 2020 campaign alongside the following clubs: San Diego Loyal, Phoenix Rising FC, Las Vegas Lights FC and Orange County SC.
For more information, visit www.lagalaxy.com/2.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 27, 2020
- Austin Bold FC and OKC Energy FC Battle to 0-0 Draw - Austin Bold FC
- Tacoma Defiance Returns Home, Beats Portland 2-1 - Tacoma Defiance
- Greens Keep Clean Sheet, Draw Home Finale with Austin - OKC Energy FC
- LouCity Readjusts Kickoff Time for Saturday's Regular-Season Finale - Louisville City FC
- LA Galaxy II Earn a Draw at Las Vegas - LA Galaxy II
- Rising Defense Smothers Orange County in 1-0 Win - Phoenix Rising FC
- Late Equalizers Lifts Lights FC to Draw with LA Galaxy II - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Reno Draws Sacramento to Keep First Place in Group A - Reno 1868 FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Keeps Four Point Lead over New Mexico United After Scoreless Draw - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Colorado Springs Switchbacks mirror consistent pressure against Salt Lake City - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Sacramento Republic FC elevates unbeaten streak to ten straight following draw in Nevada - Sacramento Republic FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy II Stories
- LA Galaxy II Eliminated by Reno 1868 FC
- LA Galaxy II to Face Reno 1868 FC on Saturday, October 10 in First Round of USL Championship Playoffs
- LA Galaxy II Close Season with Loss to Phoenix Rising FC
- LA Galaxy II Clinch Spot in USL Championship Playoffs
- LA Galaxy II Earn a Draw at Las Vegas