Long Island Nets Name Matt Riccardi General Manager & Shaun Fein Head Coach
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have named Matt Riccardi as general manager and Shaun Fein as head coach.
"We are thrilled to have Matt and Shaun leading the Long Island Nets," said Brooklyn Nets General Manager Sean Marks. "Both have been integral parts of our development program in Brooklyn and on Long Island, and bring a wealth of experience to their new roles. Their extensive knowledge of our system and culture will be instrumental in both identifying and developing up-and-coming talent for the organization."
Riccardi becomes the second general manager in team history after spending the last three seasons in a dual role as Long Island's assistant general manager and an NBA scout for the Brooklyn Nets. In addition to his new role with Long Island, Riccardi will also serve as director of scouting operations for Brooklyn. Now entering his 11th season with the organization, Riccardi originally joined the Nets in 2010 as a basketball operations assistant. He later served as basketball operations coordinator, basketball operations manager and senior manager of basketball operations before assuming his role with Long Island prior to the team's inaugural 2016-17 season.
A native of Plano, Texas, Riccardi played collegiately at the University of Texas at Tyler, receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration in management from the university in 2007 and a Master of Business Administration in 2009. While earning his MBA, Riccardi spent the 2008-09 season as an assistant coach for the men's basketball team.
Fein becomes the third head coach in Long Island history after spending the last three seasons with the Brooklyn Nets. He joined the Nets organization in 2016 as a video seasonal assistant and was promoted to assistant video coordinator for the 2017-18 season. Fein then spent this past season as the team's player development coordinator, primarily working with the Nets' two-way players in both Brooklyn and Long Island, as well as Brooklyn's NBA G League assignment players.
Prior to joining the Nets, Fein spent two seasons with Boston's NBA G League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws, as an assistant coach (2015-16) and player development coach (2014-15). He previously played 13 professional seasons in France's Pro A and Pro B leagues, most recently with Antibes (2012-14). The Massachusetts native played two seasons at Stonehill College (1996-98) before finishing his collegiate playing career at Georgia Tech (1999-01).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 5, 2019
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge - Westchester Knicks
- NBA G League Elite Roster Announced for 2019 NBA G League International Challenge Presented by Antel - G League
- College Park Skyhawks Announce Local Tryout Date for Inaugural Season - College Park Skyhawks
- Charlotte Hornets Sign Ahmed Hill to Two-Way Contract - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Nets Name Matt Riccardi General Manager & Shaun Fein Head Coach - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4