Long Island Nets Announce Two Local Player Tryouts for the Upcoming Season
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, will host two local player tryouts this September, with local basketball hopefuls competing for the chance to earn an invitation to the team's training camp in October.
The first tryout will take place on Saturday, Sept. 7, at Aviator Sports and Events Center in Brooklyn, while the second tryout will be held on Saturday, Sept. 21, on LIU Post's campus on Long Island. Both tryouts will feature a variety of drills and scrimmages run by Brooklyn and Long Island Nets basketball operations personnel.
Recent local player tryout success stories include Ismael Sanogo, a 2018 tryout participant who spent the entire 2018-19 season on Long Island's roster. The Nets also found two players from their 2017-18 team at local player tryouts - J.J. Moore, a Brentwood, N.Y., native and 2016 local tryout participant, and Charlie Marquardt, a former Molloy College standout and 2017 local tryout player.
The Brooklyn tryout at Aviator Sports and Events Center will be held at 3159 Flatbush Ave. at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, N.Y., and check-in will begin at 9 a.m. ahead of the 10 a.m. tryout. Participation is limited to the first 100 applicants who submit the $175 non-refundable registration fee online and complete the required registration and waiver forms. The tryout will be closed to the public.
The Long Island tryout will be held at the Pratt Recreation Center on LIU Post's campus at 720 Northern Blvd. in Brookville, N.Y., with check-in starting at 9 a.m. ahead of the 10 a.m. tryout. Participation is limited to the first 150 applicants who submit the $150 non-refundable registration fee online and complete the required registration and waiver forms. Limited seating will be available to the public for a $5 admission fee on the day of the tryout, with all proceeds benefiting the Nets Foundation. Filming of any portion of the tryout is not permitted.
Players interested in the tryouts should visit longislandnets.com to begin the registration process. All tryout participants must pre-register online and be eligible to play in the NBA G League.
For more information on the tryouts, including answers to frequently asked questions, please visit longislandnets.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 1, 2019
- Richman Promoted to Head Coach of Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Northern Arizona Suns Open Tryout Registration Opened - Northern Arizona Suns
- 2019 Canton Charge Local Tryout Set - Canton Charge
- Austin Spurs to Hold 2019 Local Player Tryouts September 15 - Austin Spurs
- BPR Properties Return to Present the 2019 Greensboro Swarm Open Tryout - Greensboro Swarm
- Long Island Nets Announce Two Local Player Tryouts for the Upcoming Season - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Deng Adel and Jakarr Sampson in Three-Team Trade
- Long Island Nets Announce Staff Additions
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Anthony Brown
- Long Island Nets Name Matt Riccardi General Manager & Shaun Fein Head Coach
- Long Island Nets Announce 2019-20 Schedule