Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Troy Baxter Jr.
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired the returning player rights to forward Troy Baxter Jr. from the Indiana Mad Ants in exchange for the returning player rights to center Thon Maker. The trade is not subject to a physical.
Baxter Jr. (6'9", 200) appeared in 20 NBA G League regular season games (one start) across the 2021-22 season with Indiana, Grand Rapids, Wisconsin and Windy City, recording averages of 4.6 points and 1.9 rebounds in 10.2 minutes per contest. He also appeared in seven NBA G League Showcase Cup games for Windy City that season, posting averages of 4.1 points and 1.9 rebounds in 10.9 minutes per game. The Tallahassee, Fla., native spent the 2022-23 campaign overseas, most recently appearing in 20 games (two starts) for the Canterbury Rams in the New Zealand National Basketball League and averaging 17.2 points, 5.1 rebounds and 1.1 blocks in 23.1 minutes per contest. He also spent time in Mongolia, Lebanon, the Dominican Republic and Paraguay last season. Prior to pursuing his professional career, Baxter Jr. played one season (2016-17) at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and one season (2018-19) at Florida Gulf Coast University before finishing his collegiate career with two seasons (2019-21) at Morgan State. In his final season at Morgan State, he earned First Team All-MEAC and All-Defensive Team honors.
Maker appeared in 22 regular season games (one start) for Long Island during the 2021-22 season and recorded averages of 7.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.0 blocks in 19.9 minutes per contest. He was originally acquired by Long Island from the available player pool on Jan. 23, 2022.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 21, 2023
- Squadron Announce 2023-24 Basketball Operations and Coaching Staff - Birmingham Squadron
- Wisconsin Herd Acquire Returning Player Rights to Marcus Bingham - Wisconsin Herd
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Troy Baxter Jr. - Long Island Nets
- Cody Toppert Named Head Coach of Capital City Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights to Joe Wieskamp - Texas Legends
- Wisconsin Herd Receive First-Round Pick for the 2024 NBA G League Draft in Three-Team Trade - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.