Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Anthony Brown
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired the returning player rights to Anthony Brown from the College Park Skyhawks in exchange for the returning player rights to Tahjere McCall. The trade is not subject to a physical.
Brown (6'7, 210) has appeared in 41 career NBA games over three seasons with Minnesota (2018), Orlando (2017), New Orleans (2016) and the Los Angeles Lakers (2015-16), averaging 3.9 points and 2.5 rebounds in 18.6 minutes per contest. He has also played four seasons in the NBA G League with the Lakeland Magic (2018-19), Iowa Wolves (2017-18), Erie BayHawks (2016-17) and Los Angeles D-Fenders (2015-16), appearing in 103 career games (85 starts) and recording career averages of 17.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 35.2 minutes per game. In 27 games (16 starts) for Lakeland last season, Brown posted averages of 12.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 29.0 minutes per contest. He also spent time with KK Partizan in Serbia in 2018 prior to joining the Magic. The Fountain Valley, Calif., native played five collegiate seasons (2010-15) at Stanford, including a redshirt season, and earned All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention honors during his final season with the Cardinal.
McCall (6'5, 190) appeared in 70 games (50 starts) over two seasons with Long Island, averaging 10.1 points, 4.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.6 steals in 27.2 minutes per contest. He was originally acquired by Long Island as an affiliate player from the Brooklyn Nets ahead of the 2017-18 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 20, 2019
- Long Island Nets Announce Staff Additions - Long Island Nets
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- College Park Skyhawks Acquire Anthony Brown and 2019 First Round Draft Pick from Lakeland - College Park Skyhawks
- College Park Skyhawks Acquire Tahjere McCall from Long Island Nets - College Park Skyhawks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Anthony Brown - Long Island Nets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory