Liam Kirk Named to Great Britain's World Championship 28-Man Roster
(Peterborough, ON) - Ice Hockey UK announced Thursday that Petes forward Liam Kirk has been named to Great Britain's Men's National Team 28-man roster.
Players named to the preliminary roster will be invited to take part in a training camp and exhibition games against Italy and Hungary in April. The final 25-man roster will compete in the 2019 IIHF World Championship in Slovakia which begins on May 15. Other teams taking part include host team Slovakia, Canada, United States, Finland, Germany, Denmark, and France.
Kirk, who has 25 goals and 21 assists in 60 games with the Petes this season, was a member of last year's Great Britain squad that earned promotion to the Top Division after winning the Division I championship. He has also suited up for Great Britain for the 2017, 2018, and 2019 DIIA World Junior Championship tournaments as well as for the Under-18 team.
Kirk and the Petes are in action tonight against the Ottawa 67's at 7:05pm at the Peterborough Memorial Centre. They visit the same 67's on Friday, March 15 at 7:00pm before returning home to host the Sudbury Wolves on Saturday, March 16 at 7:05pm in their last regular season home game. Tickets are available at the PMC Collins Barrow Box Office in-person, online, or over the phone at (705) 743-3561.
Although they've clinched a spot, the Petes are still pushing for playoff positioning. Cheer on the Petes down the stretch with a Playoff Push Flex Pack! For just $69.99 (tax included), fans will receive four regular bowl tickets, four popcorns, and four pops for any Petes home game in February or March. The regular price of this package is $125, which means fans save $55 on the special offer. Contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263.
Images from this story
Peterborough Petes forward Liam Kirk with Ice Hockey UK
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2019
- Spirit Earn Point to Clinch West Division Crown in 2-1 Overtime Loss - Saginaw Spirit
- IceDogs Bring Steelheads Onshore with 4-3 Win - Niagara IceDogs
- Bulldogs Lose 3-1 in North Bay - Hamilton Bulldogs
- 67's Move Closer to Franchise Records with Dramatic 3-2 Win over Peterborough - Ottawa 67's
- Winning Centennials Saluted - North Bay Battalion
- Season Ticket Holder Information Session Held - Kitchener Rangers
- Schedule Announced for Round 1 vs Guelph Storm - Kitchener Rangers
- Fan Appreciation Night Saturday March 16 - Erie Otters
- Fan Appreciation Night Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. Erie Otters - Guelph Storm
- Fan Appreciation Night Sunday, March 17th - Mississauga Steelheads
- Weekend Preview | Steelheads Prep for Final Weekend of Regular Season - Mississauga Steelheads
- Preview: Spirit, Greyhounds Meet Thursday with West Division Championship on the Line - Saginaw Spirit
- Liam Kirk Named to Great Britain's World Championship 28-Man Roster - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes 2019 Pre-Season Schedule to Include Cavan Monaghan Community Centre Grand Opening
- Three Ways to Guarantee Tickets to the 2019 Petes Home Opener
- Zach Gallant Signs Entry-Level Contract with San Jose Sharks
- Petes Select David Maier in 2019 CHL Import Draft
- Petes to Select 28th Overall in 2019 CHL Import Draft on Thursday