Lexington's Emma Tiedemann Named SAL Media Relations Director of the Year
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - Emma Tiedemann of the Lexington Legends has been selected as the South Atlantic League's Media Relations Director of the Year, which recognizes outstanding performance in achieving publicity and visibility for their club through traditional, broadcast and digital media.
"Emma truly is a one of a kind employee who, in less than two calendar years, has made a tremendously positive contribution to the Legends, our Community, and our League," said Legends President/CEO, Andy Shea.
Tiedemann, in her second season with the Legends, was initially hired in a seasonal role but was promoted as Lexington's full-time Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations in 2019. In addition to the broadcast, game notes, player interviews, coordinating with the clubhouses and local media relations she now manages the entire press box, A/V staff, social media, and has proven to be a great salesperson with events, groups, and corporate sales.
Partnering with "non-traditional" media has been a main focus for Tiedemann. Those relationships and her "Blogger of the Ballgame" creation has expanded the Legends' digital reach tremendously. In the last 12 months, Tiedemann has developed relationships, participated in interviews and had a story and coverage with 2 international, 17 national, and 11 local media outlets. She also created "Drive Around the Diamond Presented by Kentucky Lottery" which has been impactful on social media, deepening our fans' connections to our players.
She has 14 direct reports during the season between media relations interns, A/V Director, official scorer, PA announcer, video board operators, in-stadium music, photography interns, and camera operators. She manages their schedule, hours, and is on pace to end the season under budget while producing a fantastic gameday operation and experience.
This season, the Legends hosted the biggest Pride Event our organization has ever done, and Emma was a huge reason for that. She was meticulously organized the entire time leading up to the event and throughout the event and coordinated ten LGBTQ+ non-profit organizations to have a presence at the Ballpark. After the event, many remarked that it was the first time that many LGBTQ+ organizations had been at the same place at the same time. Over $16,000 was raised and was distributed to the ten organizations based on the presence and contributions, made that day. Three days later the Kentucky Secretary of State, came to the Ballpark and recognized the Legends with a Corporations for the Commonwealth Award.
The Legends take on the Augusta Greenjackets for the South Atlantic League Southern Division Series at Whitaker Bank Ballpark Friday, September 6th at 7:05pm. Tickets can be purchase online at www.lexingtonlegends.com, by calling 859-422-7867 or at the box office.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from September 3, 2019
- GreenJackets to Host Lexington in Game #1 of the South Atlantic League Playoffs - Augusta GreenJackets
- Seeing Double, RiverDogs' Contreras and Torrealba Honored as SAL Pitcher & Player of the Week - Charleston RiverDogs
- Lexington's Emma Tiedemann Named SAL Media Relations Director of the Year - Lexington Legends
- Asheville Tourists 2019 Season Recap - Asheville Tourists
- Bitters Tabbed SAL GM of the Year - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Marshall and WVU Set to Play Fall Exhibition Game at Appalachian Power Park - West Virginia Power
- Season Finale Goes to Tourists 5-3 on Monday - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends Announce Postseason Activities
- Lexington Adds MLB Veteran Eric Young Jr., Cole Sturgeon, Chris Proctor
- Legends Add Former Cincinnati Red Ivan De Jesus Jr.
- Phillips Brothers Join the Lexington Legends
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Shines as Lexington Releases Rosters for Battle of the Bourbon Trail