Legion FC Launches Legion Community Connection
BIRMINGHAM, AL - Birmingham Legion FC announced today the formation of Legion Community Connection, LCC. Through the initiative, Legion FC will continue to interact in and around Birmingham on a daily basis through transformational community-building events and meaningful philanthropic projects. The program launches in association with the United Way of Central Alabama, The American Red Cross, Children's of Alabama and the City of Birmingham as community partners and with support from Red Diamond, BBVA, AT&T and Alabama Power.
Legion FC will host the United Way Community Fair on the plaza this weekend before the team plays St. Louis FC. While kick-off is set for 7:00 pm, fans may visit with 10 local United Way agencies to discuss their community efforts and important ways to become more involved.
"Legion Community Connection is a valuable platform, which allows our club to become a part of the Magic City's cultural fabric," said Jay Heaps, Legion FC President and General Manager. "With the help of committed ownership, energetic players and staff and inspired partners, we completed 99 activations over the first three full months of the season - a number matching the number of neighborhoods in Birmingham - and we're just getting started. Through continued development of this initiative, we'll continue to take advantage of opportunities to earn the right to represent our great city."
Elements, of the program, include club representation at community and charitable events throughout greater Birmingham, assistance in philanthropic programming and collaboration with ideas that benefit the local community at-large. For activities, LCC has assembled a volunteer network of players, staff and supporters to work alongside community partners at activations serving those in greatest need.
The club has also donated tickets and signed items more than 100 organizations, including schools, churches and charitable foundations, for fundraising efforts.
"Since inception, Legion FC has prioritized community involvement and giving back to their home of Birmingham," said USL President Jake Edwards. "Legion FC has fully embraced the city and continues to mold itself into a model for Championship clubs by planting roots and making a generational impact that will be felt for years to come."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2019
- Reno 1868 FC V Tacoma Defiance Lineup Notes - Reno 1868 FC
- Allen Earns Second USL Championship Team of the Week Honor - Memphis 901 FC
- 5 Reasons to Sit in the RGCU Family Section - New Mexico United
- Charlotte Independence Fall Festival Celebration - Charlotte Independence
- Phoenix Rising FC Travels to Las Vegas for USL Game of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Avila, Lopez, Kasim Make USL Championship Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - September 10, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Smoothie King and Independence, Independence SC Team Up - Charlotte Independence
- Zac Lubin Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honorable Mention - Phoenix Rising FC
- El Paso's Gomez Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Tacoma Defiance Midfielder Antonee Burke-Gilroy Undergoes Successful Surgery - Tacoma Defiance
- Indy Eleven Fall Youth Soccer Clinics Kick off this Weekend - Indy Eleven
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Indy Eleven - Ottawa Fury FC
- Legion FC Launches Legion Community Connection - Birmingham Legion FC
- STLFC Partners with APICS St. Louis - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.