Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Indy Eleven
OTTAWA - After losing their last three games, Ottawa Fury FC will be looking to bounce back in a big way and get back into the win column, in what will be the final game of a three-game road trip for Ottawa against the Indy Eleven at Lucas Oil Stadium. Having been holding on to 8th place for the past few weeks, Nikola Popovic's squad will look to strengthen their position in the Eastern Conference with a big three points on the road, to then come back home to their fans once again.
Indy has been one of the Championship's stronger sides this season, with a record of 15W-5D-5L, standing in 4th place of the Eastern Conference table. Led offensively by Tyler Pasher, who is tied for sixth in the USL for goals with 10, the Indy Eleven pride themselves in allowing few many goals. They lead the entire USL for the fewest amount of goals scored against, with only 19.
Ottawa Fury FC are coming off a 3-2 loss on the road against Atlanta United 2, which happened this past Saturday, September 7th.
Although the team lost the match, they still had significantly more shots towards their opponent's net, with 17 against 7.
Ottawa is currently on a three game losing skid, their longest this season. This will be the third and final game of a three game road trip.
8th-place Fury is 4 points ahead of the 10th and final playoff spot, held by Saint Louis FC, and are 11 points behind the Indy Eleven, who are in 4th place of the Eastern Conference.
This will be the very first meeting between these two sides this season.
Ottawa and Indy will meet once again less than a month, when they face off at TD Place on October 2nd.
Last season, Ottawa won 1-0 on the road in Indianapolis, and drew 0-0 against the Eleven at home, keeping a clean sheet in both occasions against Indy.
Fury FC has a record of 3W-5D-5L on the road over the course of this season.
Ottawa Fury FC will be without one of their bigger pieces on the offensive side of the ball, as forward Christiano François is currently serving for Haïti on international duty, playing two CONCACAF Nation's League qualifying matches. This is François' first ever call up for his country. François is scheduled to return to the club as of September 12th.
SCOUTING INDY ELEVEN:
Indy Eleven did well to reach the USL Cup Playoffs in its first season in the league a year ago all things considered, with Head Coach Martin Rennie assembling a squad in double-quick time that proved competitive, if not elite. This offseason the club was one of the splashiest player in the market, bringing on board additional talent that projects to make Indy a strong contender to upend the back-to-back USL Cup champion and its rival in the Louisville-Indianapolis Proximity Association Football Contest (LIPAFC). The arrival of the Championship's all-time leading scorer in Dane Kelly will bolster the Eleven's attack, while 2018 Championship Golden Glove Evan Newton arrives to take over between the stick after featuring for FC Cincinnati a season ago.
The club's returning talent is also plentiful with All-League Second Team selection Ayoze Garcia back in defense alongside Karl Ouimette and Tyler Pasher. But it's the newcomers like Newton's former FCC teammates Tyler Gibson, Kenney Walker and Paddy Barrett that appear set to make a difference for the Eleven this year as they go in pursuit of silverware.
(via USL Championship).
HOW TO WATCH
LIVE STREAM: OttawaFuryFC.com
TWITTER: Follow @OTTAWAFURYFC for LIVE updates #OTTvSTL #ForTheFury
TICKETS: Get your tickets at OttawaFuryFC.com
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2019
- Reno 1868 FC V Tacoma Defiance Lineup Notes - Reno 1868 FC
- Allen Earns Second USL Championship Team of the Week Honor - Memphis 901 FC
- 5 Reasons to Sit in the RGCU Family Section - New Mexico United
- Charlotte Independence Fall Festival Celebration - Charlotte Independence
- Phoenix Rising FC Travels to Las Vegas for USL Game of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Avila, Lopez, Kasim Make USL Championship Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - September 10, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Smoothie King and Independence, Independence SC Team Up - Charlotte Independence
- Zac Lubin Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honorable Mention - Phoenix Rising FC
- El Paso's Gomez Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Tacoma Defiance Midfielder Antonee Burke-Gilroy Undergoes Successful Surgery - Tacoma Defiance
- Indy Eleven Fall Youth Soccer Clinics Kick off this Weekend - Indy Eleven
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Indy Eleven - Ottawa Fury FC
- Legion FC Launches Legion Community Connection - Birmingham Legion FC
- STLFC Partners with APICS St. Louis - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ottawa Fury FC Stories
- Fury FC Fall 3-1 on the Road in Their Last Regular Season Game
- Match Preview: Ottawa Fury FC vs Charlotte Independence
- Obasi Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week: Obasi Se MÃÂ©rite Une Place Sur L'ÃÂ©quipe De La Semaine En Championnat USL
- Fury FC Draws 1-1 against Bethlehem Steel FC
- Match Preview: Ottawa Fury FC vs Bethlehem Steel FC