Reno 1868 FC V Tacoma Defiance Lineup Notes
Tonight's Reno 1868 FC Starting XI vs. Tacoma: 12-Matt Bersano, 3-Benjamin Galindo Cruz, 6-Thomas Janjigian, 16-Brent Richards (capt.), 11-Duke Lacroix, 10-Lindo Mfeka, 23-Sam Gleadle, 8-Will Seymore, 84-Seth Casiple, 21-Corey Hertzog, 9-Danny Musovski
Substitutes: 25-Damion Lewis, 29-Aidan Apodaca, 40-Raul Mendiola, 2-Emrah Klimenta, 13-Nathan Aune, 45-Mattia Trianni, 32-Luis Paradela
Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Corey Hertzog (28), Duke Lacroix (27), Brent Richards (25), Sam Gleadle (24), Seth Casiple (24), Lindo Mfeka (21), Will Seymore (21), Danny Musovski (18), Matt Bersano (15), Thomas Janjigian (13), Benjamin Galindo Cruz (9)
Forward Corey Hertzog is the only player on the team to have appeared in every match of the season, with tonight marking his 25th start.
Outside back Duke Lacroix makes his 27th start of the season, second on the team behind Hertzog. Lacroix, who has not played fewer than 90 minutes in a match this season, leads the team in minutes played with 2,340.
German midfielder Mattia Trianni is available to make his USL debut tonight. Trianni signed with 1868 FC last week and was in the 18-man roster for Saturday's match against Fresno FC.
Tonight's lineup is almost identical to Saturday's, with all XI of today's starters appearing in the weekend's match. On Saturday, Sam Gleadle started at forward, but will move to midfield tonight with Raul Mendiola moving to the bench. Filling his forward spot is Danny Musovski. The only other difference in the two lineups is Benjamin Galindo Cruz starting in place of Zach Carroll at center back.
Musovski is making his eighth start of the season after scoring two goals on Saturday.
Galindo Cruz is making his eighth start of the season, and just his ninth appearance of the season. Galindo Cruz's 664 minutes played this season is the lowest total of today's starters.
Outside back Brent Richards will be the captain tonight for the fourth time in the last five matches. Richard's season total of fourth matches as the captain are the second most on the team, trailing Carrol's 22. Midfielder Seth Casiple is the only other player to have served as captiain, wearing the armband in two matches.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 10, 2019
- Reno 1868 FC V Tacoma Defiance Lineup Notes - Reno 1868 FC
- Allen Earns Second USL Championship Team of the Week Honor - Memphis 901 FC
- 5 Reasons to Sit in the RGCU Family Section - New Mexico United
- Charlotte Independence Fall Festival Celebration - Charlotte Independence
- Phoenix Rising FC Travels to Las Vegas for USL Game of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Avila, Lopez, Kasim Make USL Championship Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Reno 1868 FC - September 10, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Smoothie King and Independence, Independence SC Team Up - Charlotte Independence
- Zac Lubin Earns USL Championship Team of the Week Honorable Mention - Phoenix Rising FC
- El Paso's Gomez Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Tacoma Defiance Midfielder Antonee Burke-Gilroy Undergoes Successful Surgery - Tacoma Defiance
- Indy Eleven Fall Youth Soccer Clinics Kick off this Weekend - Indy Eleven
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Indy Eleven - Ottawa Fury FC
- Legion FC Launches Legion Community Connection - Birmingham Legion FC
- STLFC Partners with APICS St. Louis - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.