Legends Win in Overtime Thriller
Las Vegas, NV - The Baltimore Blast had been very hot; one of the two undefeated teams in the league. They arrived in Las Vegas for a two game west coast stint with a 13-0 record; with games set against the Legends and to rekindle their historic rivalry against the San Diego Sockers. But it all changed for them this Friday night in front of an enthusiastic crowd at the Orleans Arena.
"It's only a regular season game, but when you beat the Baltimore Blast it makes it very special", said owner Meir Cohen, " they are one of the most storied franchises in Indoor Soccer, they played hard and we were lucky to come out on top, all the credit to my players and staff."
The Las Vegas are no strangers to overtime and maybe that resolve, helped them to seal the win. The Legends started fast with a two goal lead, with goals from #12, Felipe Gonzalez and #16 Ivan Simental. Baltimore then called a timeout, gained their feet and took a 3-2 lead. The half would end at 3-2 after a scoreless 2 nd period.
The clubs traded goals in the third with #2 Christian Segura grabbing the Vegas tally. #7 Eric Guzman leveled it at 4 with 10:22 remaining in the game. The match would go to overtime and the Legends giant killing run would continue. Simental would score his 2 nd goal on the night from and deliver Las Vegas a franchise defining victory. The Legends win over the undefeated Blast; is the third time this season they've accomplished the feat; with San Diego and Monterrey prior.
The Legends (11-7) return to Orleans Arena next Friday night to take on those same San Diego Sockers. Kick-off is set for 7:35 and tickets are on sale at www.lasvegaslegends.com
The Las Vegas Legends Upcoming Home Schedule :
February 13, 2015 - 7.35 PM vs San Diego Sockers @ the Orleans Arena
February 21, 2015 - 7.35 PM vs Sacramento Surge @ the Las Vegas Sportspark
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 7, 2015
- Fury Short Out Surge, 26-3 - Ontario Fury
- Blast Fall to Sockers 7-2 - Baltimore Blast
- Revolution Lose to St. Louis, 7-3 - Tulsa Revolution
- Ave Win In Wichita Comes At Cost; Assistant Coach / Goalkeeper Nick Vorberg Injured - Milwaukee Wave
- Dallas Sidekicks Shut Down Oxford City of Texas 7-2 - Dallas Sidekicks
- Ambush Top Tulsa, 7-3 - St. Louis Ambush
- Match Preview: Comets Visit the Wichita B-52s - Kansas City Comets
- Ontario Fury Game Notes - February 7, 2015 - Ontario Fury
- Legends Win in Overtime Thriller - Las Vegas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.