Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Dallas Mavericks
DALLAS, TX, - The Dallas Mavericks today signed Texas Legends guard Kyle Collinsworth to a 10-day contract, the team announced today.
Collinsworth (6-6, 210, BYU) signed a two-way contract with Dallas on Dec. 19, appearing in four games before being waived on Jan. 10.
Collinsworth has spent the past two seasons with the Legends, joining the team his rookie season as an affiliate player out of Mavericks training camp. In 18 games with the team this year, he averaged 11.4 points, 8.6 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and 1.7 steals.
The Provo-native played four seasons at BYU, averaging 15.3 points, 8.2 rebounds, 7.4 assists, and 2.0 steals as a senior and being named WCC Player of the Year. Collinsworth also earned the nickname "Mr. Triple-Double" in his time with the Cougars, setting the NCAA record for triple-doubles registered in a single season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2018
- Trey Burke Signs with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Sign Guard Dwight Buycks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Johnathan Motley Named All-NBA G League Showcase First Team - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Escape 87ers to Close Showcase - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Dallas Mavericks - Texas Legends
- DRIVE SPEED PAST WOLVES TO SHOWCASE WIN - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Mavericks Sign Kostas Antetokounmpo to Two-Way Contract; Waive Jalen Jones
- Legends Take Business and Basketball to a New Level in 2017-18 Season
- Brandon Ashley Invited to 2018 NBA G League Elite Mini Camp
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- Texas Legends Summer Camps Open for Registration