DRIVE SPEED PAST WOLVES TO SHOWCASE WIN
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, - The Grand Rapids Drive (14-14) defeated the Iowa Wolves (13-11) 97-94 on Day Three of the NBA G League Showcase 2018. Both teams went 1-1 during their respective trips to Mississauga.
Jamel Morris scored 21 points to lead the Drive while center Landry Nnoko had a game-high 18 rebounds to go along with 18 points and three blocks. Drive guard Kenneth Smith dished out nine assists.
For the Wolves, Amile Jefferson shot 70.0% from the field to earn 16 points and grabbed 14 boards for another double-double. Forward Anthony Brown had a game-high 22 points and four assists in the loss.
The game was a close contest, with 17 lead changes and seven ties. Clutch free-throws by the Drive's Morris at the end of the fourth would prove the difference maker in the Grand Rapids' victory.
Next up for Grand Rapids is a home matchup against the Windy City Bulls on Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 7 p.m. ET on Twitch. Iowa will take on the South Bay Lakers on Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2018
- Trey Burke Signs with New York Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Detroit Pistons Sign Guard Dwight Buycks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Johnathan Motley Named All-NBA G League Showcase First Team - Texas Legends
- Bighorns Escape 87ers to Close Showcase - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Guard Kyle Collinsworth Signs with Dallas Mavericks - Texas Legends
- DRIVE SPEED PAST WOLVES TO SHOWCASE WIN - Grand Rapids Drive
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.