Legends Clouded by Suns in Game One
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends fell in game one to the Hagerstown Suns, 3-1. The Suns improve to 51-64 while the Legends drop to 55-59.
The Suns broke the scoreless tie in the top of the fourth inning. With two outs, Israel Pineda reached on a single then Cole Daily joined him on the basepath when the Legends committing a throwing error. Back-to-back RBI singles by Paul Caulfield and Trey Vickers plated the first two runs of the game and Hagerstown led, 2-0.
Lexington then struck in the bottom of the fourth inning. Nate Eaton lined a leadoff double then advanced to third on a groundout by Nick Hudgins. A sacrifice fly by Eric Cole drove home Eaton and the Legends were on the board, 2-1.
Trey Vickers led off the top of the seventh inning with a homer extending Hagerstown's lead, 3-1.
Reid Schaller was awarded the victory tossing 5.0 innings allowing one run on three hits while walking one and striking out a career high, eight batters. CJ Eldred was given the loss pitching 4.0 innings allowing three runs (one earned) on eight hits while walking one striking out two.
The Legends and Suns face off tomorrow with a doubleheader beginning at 5:05pm and the second game starting 30 minutes after the conclusion of the first game.
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Gritty Performance Leads Tourists into First Place - Asheville Tourists
- Inman Strikes out 12 in Complete Game Shutout - West Virginia Power
- Stowers' Absurd Night, Contreras' Strong Start Prove All You Need Is Pitching and Defense - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Steamroll Drive, Win Fifth Straight - Columbia Fireflies
- Schaller Fans Season-High Eight Legends in Win - Hagerstown Suns
- K-Town Slips by 'Birds in Opener - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 'Dads Hold RiverDogs to 3 Hits But Fall 3-1 - Hickory Crawdads
- Legends Clouded by Suns in Game One - Lexington Legends
- Rome Blanks Jackets 7-0 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 6 vs. Greenville (Game 112) - Columbia Fireflies
- Individual Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Hagerstown Suns: Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Fan Safety Netting a Top Priority at Kannapolis Sports & Entertainment Venue - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Game Notes (August 8) - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Lexington Legends Announce Postseason Activities
- Lexington Adds MLB Veteran Eric Young Jr., Cole Sturgeon, Chris Proctor
- Legends Add Former Cincinnati Red Ivan De Jesus Jr.
- Phillips Brothers Join the Lexington Legends
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Shines as Lexington Releases Rosters for Battle of the Bourbon Trail