Leblebijian, Jansen Take Part in 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game
Third baseman Jason Leblebijian and catcher Danny Jansen represented the Bisons at the 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game in Columbus Wednesday night.
The duo hit back-to-back in the starting lineup for the International League All-Stars.
Leblebijian, playing in his second consecutive All-Star game, worked a 3-2 count while fouling off multiple pitches in a ten-pitch at-bat in the second. He led off the inning by drawing a walk.
In the fourth, he got into another full count but struck out looking and in the fifth, he hit a ball on the ground through the hole between shortstop and third base for an RBI-single. The base knock helped cut the team's deficit to 8-5. Later in the frame, Leblebijian scored on a base hit.
Leblebijian also played five innings in the field and recorded an assist on a groundout.
In Jansen's only at-bat, he got himself into a 2-1 hitter's count with two runners aboard and two outs. He popped out to the third baseman. Jansen played three full innings in the field behind the plate.
The International League All-Stars fell to the Pacific Coast League All-Stars by a final score of 12-7.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 11, 2018
- Leblebijian, Jansen Take Part in 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game - Buffalo Bisons
- Pacific Coast League Bests International League 12-7 in Triple-A All-Star Game - Indianapolis Indians
- RHP Jeanmar Gomez contract purchased by Chicago White Sox - Charlotte Knights
- Tides and Baltimore Orioles Extend Affiliation - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Offering Tethered Balloon Rides on July 31 - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan Dandes to be Awarded Niagara University's Caritas Medal
- The Long History of Former Bisons as World Series Managers
- Sahlen Field - the New Home of the Herd
- Ballpark Home of the Buffalo Bisons Renamed as 'Sahlen Field'
- Once Again, Bisons Well Represented in MLB Postseason