RHP Jeanmar Gomez contract purchased by Chicago White Sox
RHP Jeanmar G?mez, who posted a 5-0 record with two saves and a 2.03 ERA in 30 games (40.0 IP) with the Charlotte Knights this season, had his contract purchased by the Chicago White Sox today. The 30-year-old right-hander was signed by the White Sox as a free agent on January 30, 2018.
For the season, the Knights have now promoted 16 players to the Chicago White Sox. Those 16 players, along with the date(s) of their promotion, are as follows: RHP Bruce Rond?n (April 8), RHP Chris Volstad (April 12), RHP Gregory Infante (April 21), RHP Chris Beck (April 23), OF Daniel Palka (April 24), RHP Juan Minaya (April 28, June 5, and June 13), RHP Dylan Covey (April 28 & May 19), LHP Jace Fry (May 4), INF José Rond?n (May 5 & May 19), OF Charlie Tilson (May 24), C Alfredo González (May 24), INF Matt Skole (May 28), C Kevan Smith (June 5), LHP Xavier Cedeño (June 7), RHP Thyago Vieira (June 22), and RHP Jeanmar G?mez (July 11). Last season, 22 players earned a promotion from Charlotte to Chicago.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 11, 2018
- Leblebijian, Jansen Take Part in 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game - Buffalo Bisons
- Pacific Coast League Bests International League 12-7 in Triple-A All-Star Game - Indianapolis Indians
- RHP Jeanmar Gomez contract purchased by Chicago White Sox - Charlotte Knights
- Tides and Baltimore Orioles Extend Affiliation - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Offering Tethered Balloon Rides on July 31 - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons and BUSH's Beans Are Teaming up against Hunger - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.