Las Vegas Aces Sold
"I am excited to announce that I have entered into an agreement to purchase the Las Vegas franchise in the WNBA from MGM Resorts International. I will have more to say once I receive official approval from the WNBA Board of Governors and have had a chance to speak with the players, coaches and administrators of the team."
"We can confirm we have entered into an agreement to sell the Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis and are awaiting approval from the WNBA Board of Governors. Mark is a longtime champion of women's basketball and we believe he is the right person to lead the Aces into a new era. We will continue our enthusiastic support of the WNBA, NBA and basketball in Las Vegas."
President of Entertainment & Sports, MGM Resorts International
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from January 14, 2021
- Chicago Sky Announce Multi-Year Contract Extension for James Wade - Chicago Sky
- Las Vegas Aces Sold - Las Vegas Aces
- Dallas Wings Name Steve Violetta New Senior Vice President of Corporate Partnerships - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Acquire 2021 2nd Round Pick from Indiana in Exchange for Lindsay Allen & No. 24 Pick in 2021
- WNBA Approves Sale of Las Vegas Aces to Mark Davis
- Aces Ink All-Star Riquna Williams to Free Agent Deal
- Aces Sign Three-Time WNBA All-Star Guard Chelsea Gray
- Las Vegas Signs Two-Time, WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year Dearica Hamby to Contract Extension