Laredo beats Aces, 13-6
Alexandria, La. - May 26, 2008 - Tuesday night's game was full of controversy as the Laredo Broncos beat the Alexandria Aces 13-6 at Bringhurst Field. What looked like a grand slam by Palmer Karr Jr. was ruled a three-run triple. The ball hit off a flag pole in center field but was ruled that it hit the wall. Laredo starter was outstanding as he got the first 11 Aces of the game. He ended with nine strikeouts over seven innings of work. He allowed six runs on eight hits and four walks. Aces starter lasted four innings giving up six runs on eight hits and striking out two. Robert Matlock and Selwyn Langaigne each made their Aces debut. Matlock went 0-4 with a run scored and Langaigne went 2-4 with an RBI-double. Edgard Clemente and Anthony Bennett each hit two-run homers for the Broncos. The Aces and Broncos continue their series Wednesday as Chad Linder throws for the Aces and Julian Williams goes for the Broncos. Game time is 7:05 PM.
Next home game: Wednesday May 27th vs. Laredo. Barksdale Federal Credit Union Night. Free Admission.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from May 27, 2008
- Colts Never Trail, Hang On for 4-3 Win - San Angelo Colts
- Coyotes Lose Down the Stretch - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Laredo beats Aces, 13-6 - Alexandria Aces
- Fowler's Homer Saves Day for Wings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos Bats Continue to Stay Hot in Victory Over Aces - Laredo Broncos
- Buyout Night 2008 Wednesday - Alexandria Aces
- Aces Announce Wal-Mart Night - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th