Lancers Blank Force, 4-0
FARGO, ND - The Omaha Lancers shutout the Fargo Force on Friday night by a final score of 4-0.
The Lancers scored the lone goal of the first period when Hunter McDonald (2:52) netted his first USHL career goal. TJ Schweighardt and Kyle Bettens were called on the assists.
In the second period, Nolan Renwick (3:52) scored by shooting the puck past Boynton off of a backhand shot. Ayrton Martino (11:57) added to the Lancer's lead scoring from the slot. Ryan Lautenbach and Zach Dubinsky assisted Martino on the goal. After Martino's goal, the Force replaced Brennan Boynton with Andrew Miller between the pipes. Liam Devlin (14:51) snuck the puck under Miller to get the Lancers ahead 4-0. Nolan Renwick and Nick Perna assisted Devlin on the goal.
The Lancers kept the Force at bay for the third to take the win, 4-0. Jakub Dobes earned his first shutout of the season stopping all 33 Force shots on the night.
The Lancers are now 25-20-1-1 on the season with 52 points and a spot at 2nd in the West. Omaha and Fargo will battle on Saturday at 6:05 PM at Scheels Arena.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2021
- Lancers Sweep Force in Weekend Series, 4-3 Final - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Sweep Stampede for Sixth Straight Win - Tri-City Storm
- Stars Get Revenge against Musketeers, Win 3-2 - Lincoln Stars
- Des Moines Tops Hawks, 4-0 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel's Offensive Prowess Overshadows Saints - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Steel Beat Dubuque 7-2 to Clinch Playoff Berth - Chicago Steel
- Steel First USHL Team to Clinch Playoff Berth - Chicago Steel
- Storm Set to Battle Stampede for Final Time this Season - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks Head Coach Signs Contract Extension - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Lancers Blank Force, 4-0 - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.