Lancers Add Teasdale to 2019 Roster
RALSTON, NE - The United States Hockey League today completed a dispersal draft of players that were on the Central Illinois Flying Aces season-ending roster and affiliate list for the 2018-19 season. All players that have junior hockey eligibility for the 2019-20 season were selected by USHL Member Clubs.
The Central Illinois Flying Aces requested and received approval from the USHL Board of Directors for the temporary withdrawal from on-ice competition in order to focus on the future of the organization.
The selection order for the dispersal draft was determined via a weighted lottery. USHL Member Clubs received the amount of ping pong balls that correspond with their position in the final Regular Season standings, excluding Central Illinois and Team USA.
Team USA did not participate in the dispersal draft as they hold a separate player-selection process that is completed in cooperation with the other USHL Member Clubs.
The Omaha Lancers received a Round One 10th pick and a Round Two 24th pick.
In round one, the Lancers picked Joseph Teasdale (2002) Center. Teasdale was an affiliate listed player for the Aces, he did not play a USHL game with the squad though. The Tory, MI native was drafted in Phase I of the 2018 USHL draft last summer, he was picked in the 7th round, 97th overall. The Centerman finished out this year with the Honeybaked U16 squad, where he totaled 65 points (34G, 31A).
"He [Teasdale] was high on our draft list last year," General Manager and Head Coach David Wilkie said. "He's a fast, gritty, hard-playing forward who can score. He is the type of player that Lancers fans will appreciate and we're lucky to have him in Omaha now."
The Lancers traded their second-round dispersal pick to the Des Moines Buccaneers for a 2020 6th round Phase II pick.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Storm Acquire Ferrandino & Griebel in Dispersal Draft - Tri-City Storm
- Pospisil Signs Entry Level Deal with the Calgary Flames - Sioux City Musketeers
- Sioux City acquires two players from the Flying Aces - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stars Select Jake Boltmann, Colby Enns in USHL Dispersal Draft - Lincoln Stars
- Lancers Add Teasdale to 2019 Roster - Omaha Lancers
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gamblers Add Three in Dispersal Draft - Green Bay Gamblers
- Flying for the Hawks Now - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Acquire Halliday, Villegas, Gibson in Dispersal Draft - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Fargo Force Draft Four Players in Today's Dispersal Draft - Fargo Force
- USHL Completes Dispersal Draft - USHL
- Ganske Commits to Northern Michigan - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.