Gamblers Add Three in Dispersal Draft
The Green Bay Gamblers acquired the USHL playing rights to forward Chad Hillebrand (1999), defenseman Philipp Mass (2000) and forward Scout Truman (2002) in today's Central Illinois Flying Aces dispersal draft.
Committed to the University of Alaska Anchorage, Hillebrand tallied 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) in 55 games last season with the Flying Aces. A native of Park Ridge, IL, Hillebrand spent the 2017-2018 season in the North American Hockey League with the Topeka RoadRunners where he posted 27 points (10 goals, 17 assists) and 135 penalty minutes.
Mass spent last season splitting time with Jungadler Mannheim U20, Springfield Jr. Blues (NAHL) and the Flying Aces. In total, the defenseman registered 19 points (3 goals, 16 assists) in 40 games. Mass is a native of Heidelberg, Germany.
Truman spent last season with the Drumheller Dragons in the Alberta Junior Hockey League. In 50 games, he scored 9 goals and added 21 assists. Truman is committed to Umass-Lowell.
The Flying Aces announced last month that they would be going dormant following the 2018-19 season.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2019
- Storm Acquire Ferrandino & Griebel in Dispersal Draft - Tri-City Storm
- Pospisil Signs Entry Level Deal with the Calgary Flames - Sioux City Musketeers
- Sioux City acquires two players from the Flying Aces - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stars Select Jake Boltmann, Colby Enns in USHL Dispersal Draft - Lincoln Stars
- Lancers Add Teasdale to 2019 Roster - Omaha Lancers
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gamblers Add Three in Dispersal Draft - Green Bay Gamblers
- Flying for the Hawks Now - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Saints Acquire Halliday, Villegas, Gibson in Dispersal Draft - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Fargo Force Draft Four Players in Today's Dispersal Draft - Fargo Force
- USHL Completes Dispersal Draft - USHL
- Ganske Commits to Northern Michigan - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.