Lake Monsters Game Postponed
BURLINGTON, VT --- Friday night's New York-Penn League game between the Williamsport Crosscutters and Vermont Lake Monsters was cancelled due to wet grounds after a couple of thunderstorms rolled over historic Centennial Field.
The game was the final of a three-game series between the two teams and will not be made up. The Lake Monsters will now have a 75-game regular season instead of the usual 76 games.
Two storms went through Centennial late in the afternoon, including a storm around 6:00 pm which made the field unplayable with standing water in the outfield and warning tracks. The game was called shortly before 7:00 pm.
Fans with tickets for the game can exchange them for a ticket to a future Lake Monsters home game. Tickets can be exchanged during ticket office hours anytime at Centennial Field or at any future Lake Monsters home game.
While there was no game on Friday night, the Lake Monsters did add a pitcher to their roster as Vermont heads out on a six-game roadtrip.
Patrick Arnold, a 15th round selection the 2007 draft, has joined the Lake Monsters from the Gulf Coast League Nationals. Arnold was 4-0 with a 1.80 ERA in five games (three starts) for the GCL Nationals, allowing eight runs (five earned) on 22 hits with five walks and 17 strikeouts in 25.0 innings.
Vermont's six-game roadtrip begins on Saturday with a three-game series at Oneonta against a Tigers team that the Lake Monsters were tied with for first-place in the Stedler Division heading into action Friday night.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from July 18, 2008
- Renegades Drop Rubber Match, 7-1 - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Spikes drop 7-1 decision - State College Spikes
- Spinners walk off with win Friday Night - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- 'Cutters rained out - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Lake Monsters Game Postponed - Vermont Lake Monsters
- KO at "The Joe": Part Deux - Tri-City ValleyCats
- State College Spikes Game Notes - State College Spikes
- Former Cutter Spencer Traded to Oakland - Williamsport Crosscutters
- ValleyCats Set To Take on Red Sox Affiliate Lowell - Tri-City ValleyCats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.