Vermont Lake Monsters Season Shelved
BURLINGTON- The Vermont Lake Monsters announced today that the 2020 Minor League Baseball season has been shelved, due to the impacts of COVID-19. As a result of a decision by Major League Baseball to not send players to their affiliates, there will be no Minor League Baseball games played in any city in the country this year.
"The present challenges and restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic have made it impossible for us to host a season," says General Manager Joe Doud. The Lake Monsters have been playing in Burlington since 1994, as first the Vermont Expos, and now as the Vermont Lake Monsters.
"We look forward to continuing to be a part of the community this summer, in ways that we are able to make an impact" says Doud. "Just because we won't be playing games, doesn't mean that we have given up on providing a fun, memorable experiences for families this summer."
To stay up to date on Lake Monsters information, visit their social media channels, or www.vermontlakemonsters.com.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Lowell Spinners Statement Regarding 2020 Season - Lowell Spinners
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Postponed - Tri-City ValleyCats
- 2020 Season Announcement - Hudson Valley Renegades
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Shelved - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- MLB and MiLB 2020 Season Decision - Aberdeen IronBirds
- West Virginia Black Bears will not play in 2020 - West Virginia Black Bears
- Norwich Sea Unicorns and Minor League Baseball Statements Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- COVID-19 Claims 2020 Cutters Season - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Vermont Lake Monsters Season Shelved - Vermont Lake Monsters
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Shelved - Hudson Valley Renegades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.