Lake Monsters-Connecticut Game Postponed, Doubleheader Thursday
BURLINGTON, VT - Wednesday's New York-Penn League contest between the Connecticut Tigers and Vermont Lake Monsters at historic Centennial Field was postponed due to rain. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Thursday starting at 6:05 pm.
Fans with tickets for Wednesday's game can exchange them for tickets to either the Thursday doubleheader or the home season finale on Friday. They must be exchanged in person at the Centennial Field Box Office, which will be open both Thursday and Friday starting at 12 noon.
The Wednesday rainout is the first Lake Monsters postponement since the 2017 regular-season home finale on September 5th, while Thursday's twinbill will be Vermont's first doubleheader since September 4, 2017 at Centennial Field.
After Thursday's 6:05 doubleheader, the Lake Monsters will host Connecticut on Friday in their home finale before ending the season with a three-game series at Tri-City Saturday-Monday.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 28, 2019
- Gomez Leads Long Ball Frenzy, But Spikes Fall to Scrappers, 5-4 - State College Spikes
- BKLYN Wins a Wild One, 9-8 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Batavia Bests Black Bears in Extras - West Virginia Black Bears
- Gades Blow Several Chances; Lose to Yanks - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cutters Split Doubleheader with Auburn - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Lake Monsters-Connecticut Game Postponed, Doubleheader Thursday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Tonight's Game against Vermont Postponed - Connecticut Tigers
- Wednesday's Game vs. ValleyCats Rained Out - Lowell Spinners
- Doubledays Secure Series Win against Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.