LAFC Signs Colombian Forward Cristian Arango
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today the acquisition of Colombian forward Cristian Arango from Millonarios Fútbol Club of Colombia's top league, Categoría Primera A. Arango, who will occupy an international spot, was acquired using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) and will be added to LAFC's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P1 Visa.
"Cristian is an accomplished striker and an important acquisition for us at this stage of the season," said LAFC Co-President & General Manager John Thorrington. "We believe that he will be a great fit and, given his age and experience, will help us now and into the future."
Arango, 26, has been with Millonarios since 2019, where he has scored 20 goals and added three assists in 50 matches across all competitions. He began his professional career with Colombian side Envigado in 2015, where he appeared in 45 matches and added six goals amidst loan spells to Valencia B and Millonario. He was then transferred to S.L. Benfica of the Portuguese Primeira Liga in 2017, where he spent time on loan with C.D. Aves - and helped them win a Portuguese Cup, and C.D. Tondela in 2018 before landing with Millonarios in 2019.
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) signs Colombian forward Cristian Arango using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM). Arango will occupy an international spot and will be added to the Club's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC) and P1 Visa.
Full Name: Cristian Daniel Arango Duque
Weight: 171 lbs.
Birthplace: Medellín, Colombia
Hometown: Medellín, Colombia
Last Club: Millonarios Fútbol Club
How Acquired: Signed on Aug. 2, 2021
Roster Designation: International
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 2, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: August 2, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Staff, Roster and Competition Details Ahead of 2021-22 Season - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Signs Colombian Forward Cristian Arango - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC's 4ATX Foundation Partners with Academy Sports + Outdoors on Soccer Equipment Drive in August - Austin FC
- Columbus Crew Midfielder Artur Undergoes Successful Sports Hernia Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Forward Nani Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 16 - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Continues Commitment to "Defend the Right to Play" at this Wednesday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City SC Forward Nani Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 16 - MLS
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski Named to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Week 16: Michael Barrios Earns Team of the Week Nod - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez and Homegrown Paxton Pomykal Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 16 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Loans Matías Pellegrini to Club Estudiantes de la Plata - Inter Miami CF
- Revolution's Matt Turner, Tajon Buchanan Earn Accolades for Concacaf Gold Cup Excellence - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire FC to Play Two Matches at Soldier Field this Week - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Names Georgia O'Donoghue Vice President of Business Operations - Atlanta United FC
- Acosta's Game-Winning Assist Leads USMNT to Concacaf Gold Cup Victory - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Stadium Construction Partners Provide Soccer Equipment and Playground Improvements for Napier Elementary SchoolÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Keeps Eight Match Unbeaten Streak Alive against Toronto FC - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Proof of Vaccination Or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required at Dignity Health Sports Park Events Beginning October 8
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Vancouver
- LAFC and Galaxy Tie 1-1
- LAFC Falls 2-1 to Portland Timbers
- LAFC Falls 2-0 to San Jose Earthquakes