Chicago Fire FC to Play Two Matches at Soldier Field this Week
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC will play two matches in five days at Soldier Field this week. On Wednesday, Aug. 4, Chicago will face New York City FC on the lakefront at 7:00 p.m. CT (WGN-TV, CFFC Live and WOJO 105.1 FM). Four days later, the Fire will return to Soldier Field to host the New York Red Bulls on Sunday, Aug. 8 at 5:00 p.m. CT (WGN-TV, CFFC Live, TUDN 1200 AM).
Tickets for both matches are available for purchase here.
Wednesday's match marks the first meeting between Chicago (3-9-4, 13 points) and NYCFC (8-5-2, 26 points) this season. Overall, the Fire have posted a 2-2-2 home record against New York since 2015. New York is coming off a 4-1 home win against reigning MLS Cup Champions Columbus Crew on Friday night. NYCFC are heading into Chicago with three straight wins, tallying 10 goals and two clean sheets.
Sunday's contest will be the Fire's second match this season against the Red Bulls, with the Club previously falling 2-0 at Red Bull Arena on May 1. Historically, Chicago is 28-13-20 all-time against the Red Bulls in regular season play. The Red Bulls (5-7-3, 18 points) recently hosted the New England Revolution, losing 3-2 to the current Eastern Conference leaders on Saturday night. The Red Bulls will face FC Cincinnati at home on Wednesday before traveling to Chicago.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 2, 2021
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: August 2, 2021 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Staff, Roster and Competition Details Ahead of 2021-22 Season - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Signs Colombian Forward Cristian Arango - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC's 4ATX Foundation Partners with Academy Sports + Outdoors on Soccer Equipment Drive in August - Austin FC
- Columbus Crew Midfielder Artur Undergoes Successful Sports Hernia Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Orlando City SC Forward Nani Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 16 - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Continues Commitment to "Defend the Right to Play" at this Wednesday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City SC Forward Nani Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 16 - MLS
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski Named to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- Week 16: Michael Barrios Earns Team of the Week Nod - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez and Homegrown Paxton Pomykal Named to MLSsoccer.com's Week 16 Team of the Week - FC Dallas
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Loans Matías Pellegrini to Club Estudiantes de la Plata - Inter Miami CF
- Revolution's Matt Turner, Tajon Buchanan Earn Accolades for Concacaf Gold Cup Excellence - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire FC to Play Two Matches at Soldier Field this Week - Chicago Fire FC
- Atlanta United Names Georgia O'Donoghue Vice President of Business Operations - Atlanta United FC
- Acosta's Game-Winning Assist Leads USMNT to Concacaf Gold Cup Victory - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC Stadium Construction Partners Provide Soccer Equipment and Playground Improvements for Napier Elementary SchoolÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Keeps Eight Match Unbeaten Streak Alive against Toronto FC - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Fire FC Adds Knox Fortune, DJ King Marie, DJ Step to Lineup for "Ten/Eight: A Night at the Metro with Chicago Fire FC in Partnership with Heineken"
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-2 to New England Revolution at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC to Begin Three-Game Homestand on Wednesday Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 20 Ã¢ÂÂ September 26
- Chicago Fire FC Concludes Six-Game Road Trip with 2-0 Loss to CF Montréal at Stade Saputo
- Chicago Fire FC Lose 3-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field