Kyle Schepel Bolsters Jackson Bullpen
Birmingham, Ala. - The Seattle Mariners made a roster move affecting the Double-A Jackson Generals prior to the team's game Wednesday morning. Right-handed pitcher Kyle Schepel was promoted to Jackson from Class A Advanced Bakersfield, while righty Forrest Snow was placed on the seven-day disabled list retroactive to May 9.
Schepel, 25, is in his second year with the Mariners after being signed as a minor league free agent last June. Over 11 outings with High-A Bakersfield this season, the right-hander is 3-1 with a 1.76 ERA with 21 strikeouts and seven walks in 15.1 innings of work. Opponents hit just .132 against him.
The Michigan native began his pro career in Independent ball before he was signed by the Diamondbacks in 2013. He made it as high as Class A Advanced Visalia with Arizona, and he tossed a seven-inning no-hitter for South Bend in April of 2013. He was released by the Diamondbacks last March before joining Seattle later that season.
Snow, 27, was in his fourth season with the Generals. Over three outings with Jackson, the right-hander allowed four runs in 3.2 innings of work. The Seattle native spent last season with Triple-A Tacoma, leading the staff in strikeouts.
Jackson's rosters now stands at 25 active players with three on the disabled list. Schepel will wear No. 25 with the Generals.
ADD: RHP #25 Kyle Schepel
DL: RHP Forrest Snow
Jackson will try to even the series in game four on Thursday night. Sam Gaviglio (2-2, 5.29) takes the hill for the Generals against Birmingham southpaw David Holmberg (1-3, 4.33). First pitch from Regions Field is slated for 7:05 pm CT, and you can catch all the action starting at 6:50 pm CT on the TJ Network (AM 1390, FM 94.1) in Jackson with the Generals Pregame Show online via the TuneIn Radio App.
The Generals return home for a five-game set against Chattanooga Thursday, May 19. The opener is a State Farm Agent Wes Harris Dollar Night, with general admission tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, soda and select beer selling for just $1! There will be a pregame autograph session sponsored by the Jackson Sun May 20, which is also an Old Hickory Mall Chick-Fil-A Friday! Saturday, May 21 is CMA Night sponsored by MobileNation! The first 500 fans will go home with a Trucker Hat courtesy of State Farm Agent Alan Brown, and one lucky person will win a pair of four-day passes to the CMA Music Festival in Nashville! The night wraps up with postgame fireworks! Family FunDay Sunday follows, with children 12 and under getting free admission, ice cream, fun zone access and the chance to play catch on the field pregame!
For tickets and information, call the team at (731) 988.5299, go online to jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or stop by The Ballpark!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from May 12, 2016
- Peterson Evens Series, Leads Braves Past BayBears - Mississippi Braves
- Shuckers Complete Four-Run Comeback in 8-6 Win on Thursday Night - Biloxi Shuckers
- Suns Fall to Shuckers 8-6 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Ellis, Albies Claim Monthly Honors - Mississippi Braves
- Davis to DL, Moran Joins Pensacola - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Bird Added to Biscuits - Montgomery Biscuits
- Kyle Schepel Bolsters Jackson Bullpen - Jackson Generals
- FUNdamentally Different Homestand Highlights May 14-23 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Gerardo Concepcion Transferred to Triple-A Iowa - Tennessee Smokies
- Biscuits Announce May 28 Game Time Change - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- Generals Announce Staff Promotions and Additions
- Cheer on the Champs: League Champion Generals Release 2019 Schedule
- Marzilli's Late Pinch-Hit Double Makes Generals Champions
- One Win Away: Donatella Dominates Again, Generals Win Game 3
- Bullpen Rescues Generals with 8 1/3 Scoreless Innings