Komets, Avalanche Terminate Affiliation
Fort Wayne, IN-- The Fort Wayne Komets announced Tuesday that they have mutually agreed with the Colorado Avalanche of the NHL to terminate the second and final year of their affiliation agreement.
Fort Wayne enjoyed the affiliation with the Avalanche and are now parting in an amicable fashion.
"Fort Wayne is looking for more roster control and flexibility", commented Komets' general manager David Franke. "Colorado understands this philosophy and the Komets understand Colorado must develop players. Roster stability is very important to us and our loyal fan base. We expect less turnover and more continuity in our game night lineup."
The Komets will be open to working agreements with NHL/AHL clubs looking to place players in the ECHL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 19, 2016
- Trio Joins Mallards Front Office - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Sign Defenseman And Clifton Park Native - Adirondack Thunder
- Thunder Sign Second-Year Forward Marcotte - Wichita Thunder
- Komets, Avalanche Terminate Affiliation - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavericks Enhance Fan Experience for 16-17 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Grizzlies Re-Sign Jon Puskar for 16-17 - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Agree to Terms with Defenseman Nick Luukko - Reading Royals
- Solar Bears Add Veteran Forward Paul Crowder - Orlando Solar Bears
- In Case You Missed It: Weekly Hockey Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.