Komets Add Four to Preseason Roster
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced Thursday that four players have been added to the preseason roster. Pros Jeff King and Thomas Ebbing have agreed to terms along with rookie forwards Trent Fox and Mathieu Nadeau.
King, 22, will be entering second full season as a pro after splitting last year between Orlando and Brampton in the ECHL. The defenseman also made his AHL debut last season skating two games with Toronto. The St. Clair, Michigan native scored ECHL totals of five goals and 13 points in 57 games with the Solar Bears and the Beast. Prior to King's pro career he logged a four-year OHL stint with Sarnia, finishing in 2016-17 with a juniors career year of 14 goals and leading Sting defensemen with 42 assists while ranking third on the team with 56 points in 66 games.
Ebbing, 23, completed a four-year stint with Michigan State University in 2016-17 where he was named Most Improved Player for his junior year in 2015-16 and logged a career best five goals, 14 assists and 19 points in 37 Big 10 games. Last season the Troy, Michigan native signed a one-year, two-way contract (AHL/ECHL) with the NHL's Montreal Canadians. The forward made his pro debut starting the season with Brampton appearing in six ECHL games scoring four assists and five points before joining Laval for 45 AHL games the remainder of the campaign.
Fox, 21, finished a four-year juniors stint last season with Mississauga posting a career best 29 assists and 53 points in 60 OHL games. Fox started his OHL career splitting 2014-15 between Erie and Belleville. In 2015-16 the Chatham, Ontario native joined Hamilton and led the Bulldogs with 28 goals and ranked second with 50 points in 67 games. Fox shared the 2016-17 season with Hamilton and Mississauga helping the Steelheads reach the 2017 OHL finals. In 255 total OHL games the forward scored 78 goals, 90 assists and 168 points.
Nadeau (nuh-DOE), 21, completed a five-year QMJHL career last year. The forward made his juniors debut with Victoriaville in 2013-14 and skated two seasons before joining Val d'Or in 2014-15. In 2016-17 Nadeau ranked third with the Foreurs with 23 goals and 42 points. The Levis, Quebec native skated 27 games with Val d'Or last year before finishing the season appearing in 32 games with Rimouski. Nadeau skated 59 games last season and had a juniors career year scoring 25 goals, 48 assists and 74 points. He finished with QMJHL career totals of 64 goals, 98 assists and 162 points in 182 games.
The Komets preseason roster expands to 19 players and includes 12 forwards, five defensemen and two goaltenders.
The Komets' 2018-19 season home opener is slated for Saturday, Oct. 20 against the Kalamazoo Wings. Season tickets are on sale at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. For more information visit the Komet office, Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 9, 2018
- Thunder Names Pete Dineen Associate Coach - Adirondack Thunder
- Komets Add Four to Preseason Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Steelheads Agree to Terms with Keegan Kanzig - Idaho Steelheads
- Cherniwchan Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Fan Fest Scheduled for September 15 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Add Forward Gialedakis - Norfolk Admirals
- JC Campagna Returns - Allen Americans
- Oilers Sign Elite Scorer Peter Sivak - Tulsa Oilers
- Louick Marcotte Signed by Atlanta - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Extend Point Streak to Five Games; Roy Gets Call from Laval
- Komets Gain Shootout Point in Front of Sell-Out Crowd
- Komets Acquire Clarke from Allen, Campagna Loaned to Chicago
- Komets Complete January with 5-4 Win at Wheeling
- Komets Break for ECHL All-Star Classic