Killer Bees to air on KBUC 102.1 FM
HIDALGO, TEXAS --- The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees of the Central Hockey League (CHL) today announced details of a new broadcasting partnership with BMP Radio.
Under the agreement all 64 games will air live on KBUC 102.1 FM during the 2008-09 season. The station will also air the monthly Coach's Show live from the Bar and Grill at the Grove in Sharyland.
Rich Bocchini returns for his fourth season behind the microphone as the lead play-by-play voice describing Killer Bees action. Dennis Scott will fill in on radio play-by-play when Bocchini is calling TV broadcasts.
"We're excited to offer our fans the chance to follow every minute of action on the FM side of the dial," Killer Bees General Manager Grant Buckborough said. "The KBUC coverage map extends as far west as Rio Grande City, east to South Padre Island, north into Falfurrias and south into Mexico. No matter where our fans are in the Valley, they can turn on the radio and keep up with the team."
As part of the broadcast agreement, KBUC will also carry the monthly Coach's Show on select Tuesday nights from 6-7 p.m. The show will air on the following dates; Tuesday October 14, Tuesday November 11, Tuesday December 11, Tuesday January 13, Tuesday February 17.
"We are very happy to announce that our successful partnership with the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees has been renewed for another year," Romeo Herrera, Operations Manager of BMP Radio explained. "Bucky and his staff have been incredible to work with and we look forward to another season with Rich Bocchini on the airwaves. We welcome the Bees to their new flagship station KBUC 102.1, part of the family of radio stations owned by BMP Radio, Rio Grande Valley."
The Bees open their sixth season at Dodge Arena on October 18 vs. the Rocky Mountain Rage. The first 1000 kids through the doors will receive a Killer Bees jersey courtesy San Juan Pharmacy and KRGV NEWSCHANNEL 5.
Single game tickets for the 2008-09 season are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets including the Dodge Arena Box Office. Season tickets are available now by calling 956-843-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2008
- Scorpions Acquire Seth Leonard - New Mexico Scorpions
- Bucks Open Season At LEC Friday, With Special Guest Performer - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees to air on KBUC 102.1 FM - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Preseason tilt against Texas Tech cancelled - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles Acquire Reeder's Rights From New Mexico - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Announces 2008-2009 Broadcast Schedule - Wichita Thunder
- Season Starts - Tulsa Oilers
- Radio Show, Meet and Eat Locations This Week Unveiled - Mississippi RiverKings
- Brahmas Open 2008-09 Season Friday - Fort Worth Brahmas
- 2008-09 CHL Guide and Record Book Available for Purchase - CHL
- First Coach's Show of season tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks Community Update - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles Release Three From Training Camp Roster - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.