Kevin Desfosses Voted Week's Top Performance By CHL
The Central Hockey League (CHL) announced today that Corpus Christi goaltender Kevin Desfosses has been voted the winner of the CHL Performance of the Week for the week of November 2nd-8th. The rookie goaltender made 37 saves allowing just one goal in the Rays 4-1 win at Allen on November 7th. The IceRays wrap-up a four-game road trip tonight in Rio Grande Valley before returning to the American Bank Center on Friday, November 20th to host the Allen Americans.
Desfosses earned 46% of the votes with 4,723 votes cast on his behalf. Finishing second in the voting was Tulsa's Kevin Armstrong (3,333 votes) who made 32 saves in a shutout of Allen on November 3rd. There were 10,340 total votes cast in the weekly poll.
The Beauport, Quebec native allowed just a second period power play goal in the home opener for the Americans quieting the near capacity crowd at the Allen Event Center. Desfosses stopped 30 shots in the 2nd and 3rd periods combined leading the IceRays to victory.
The nominees for the CHL Performance of the Week for week five of the season (the period between November 9th-15th) are as follows:
-Colorado's Riley Nelson and Kevin Ulanski both posting four-point nights in the win vs. Amarillo on November 11th
-Missouri coming back for 3-2 shootout win in home opener vs. Wichita on November 13th
-Mavs scoring three power play goals in a 3:12 stretch of the second period of their win vs.
Wichita on November 14th
-Allen's Tobias Whelan scoring game winning goal in third period vs. Colorado handing the Eagles their first regulation loss of the season on November 15th
-Tulsa's T.J. Caig scoring two goals in each of the Oilers three games last week, all wins
Fans can vote for the winner until Monday, November 23rd with the winner being announced on Tuesday, November 24th.
Story courtesy of CentralHockeyLeague.com
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 17, 2009
- Jacks Top Amarillo In Shootout, 6-5 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rush Top Eagles 3-2 In First Meeting In Rapid City - Rapid City Rush
- Late Penalty Shot Sends IceRays Past Bees 3-2 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Third Period Rally Too Little, Too Late For Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Thriller Goes To Odessa - Amarillo Gorillas
- Deleurme, Detulleo Multi-Points In Close Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Kevin Desfosses Voted Week's Top Performance By CHL - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Oilers Game Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Notes - Odessa Jackalopes
- IceRays Kevin Desfosses Voted Week's Top Performance - CHL
- Bucks Community Update - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale