Kelsey Mitchell Continues Impressive Scoring Season against Lynx
INDIANAPOLISÂ - Kelsey Mitchell became the third Fever player to reach 200 made field goals in a season in franchise history during Friday night's 92-73 loss to the Minnesota Lynx.
VP of Basketball Operations and General Manager, Tamika Catchings, recorded three seasons during her Hall-of-Fame career with at least 200 made field goals, including a franchise record 221 in 2003. Candice Dupree finished with 214 in the 2017 season.
Mitchell will have the chance to continue to climb the all-time ranks on Sunday when the Fever take on the Chicago Sky at 6 p.m. ET in the regular season finale.
Eighteen of Mitchell's game-high 26 points came in the first half against the Lynx to also improve her league-leading streak of consecutive games scoring at least 10 points to 22 straight games.
Lindsay Allen kept pace withÂ her starting backcourt sidekick ending the night tying a career-high with 15 points and also tying a season best with seven assists. Allen has now scored in double figures in six of the last nine games.
Emma Cannon and Victoria Vivians each added 12 and 11 points, while Teaira McCowan pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds.
RookieÂ guard Aaliyah Wilson did not play in the second half after suffering a left knee injury in the second quarter.
Minnesota was led by 21 points and 10 rebounds from Sylvia Fowles and 17 points from Napheesa Collier. Indiana held the Lynx to shoot only 6-of-26 from 3-point range in the last regular season game at Indiana Farmers Coliseum this year.
The Fever conclude the 2021 regular season at the Chicago SkyÂ on Sunday at 6 p.m. ET.Â Fans can also tune in to Sunday's game on FeverBasketball.com, the Indiana Fever's Facebook page or CBS Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 18, 2021
- Kelsey Mitchell Continues Impressive Scoring Season against Lynx - Indiana Fever
- Fever Face Sky in Regular-Season Finale - Indiana Fever
- HBCU Night Recap - Los Angeles Sparks
- Storm Clinch First Round Bye with 94-85 Victory over Phoenix - Seattle Storm
- Fifth Seed Clinched Mercury to Open Playoffs on Thursday at Grand Canyon University Arena - Phoenix Mercury
- Las Vegas Clinches No. 2 Seed with 103-70 Road Win over Chicago - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.