Kelowna Rockets Korczak Picks up Assist in Canada's Opening Victory at U18 World Championship
Kelowna Rockets defenceman Kaedan Korczak helped Canada's National Men's Under-18 comeback effort with an assist in the 5-3 win over Finland in the opening game for both teams Thursday at the 2019 IIHF U18 World Championship.
Team Canada was down 3-0 just 61 seconds into the second period, they railled back with five unanswered goals to open the tournament with three points against the defending gold medallists.
Canada hits the ice at A3 Arena tomorrow where they'll take on Switzerland (9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT) as Group A play continues in Umea.
Hockey Canada's game story: https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/under-18/2018-19/world-championship/stats/game-summary?gameid=2617#playbyplay
Images from this story
Kelowna Rockets defenceman Kaedan Korczak
(Marissa Baecker / Kelowna Rockets Images)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Kelowna Rockets Korczak Picks up Assist in Canada's Opening Victory at U18 World Championship - Kelowna Rockets
- Prince George Cougars Society Donates $18,000 to United Way of Northern B.C. - Prince George Cougars
- Saskatoon to Host 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Game in November - Saskatoon Blades
- Saskatoon Named Host for 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Game - Saskatoon Blades
- 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Hosts Announced - WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.