Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Community Blood Center (CBC) is the primary provider of blood and blood components to 70 plus hospitals and medical centers in the Greater Kansas City region. CBC will conduct a life-saving blood drive on Saturday, October 17.
"When individuals normally think of essential community services, they often think about fire and police departments." said Kim Peck, Senior Executive Director of Community Blood Center. "Community Blood Center and its donors are very similar to police officers and fire fighters. We make up a life-saving team that is here to meet the needs of local patients. Our volunteer donors roll up their sleeves and do so without hesitation."
Independence individuals can help by donating blood at the blood drive on Saturday, October 17 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. The drive will be held at Cable Dahmer Arena, 19100 E Valley View Pkwy. Donors are encouraged to make an appointment by visiting savealifenow.org/group and using Group Code: EF23. For additional details, contact Dawn Eblen at (816) 352-2342.
In the Greater Kansas City area, one in three people will need blood at some point in their life and nearly one in seven hospital admissions requires a blood transfusion. This means, nearly 600 donations are needed every day to meet hospital demand, and with a limited shelf life, supplies must be continually replenished. In just 60 minutes, you can donate one pint of blood and Save a Life, Right Here, Right Now in your own community.
For more information regarding our donor centers and mobile blood drives or how to set up your own drive, visit www.savealifenow.org or call 1-877-468-6844.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 16, 2020
- Key Information for Allen Americans Ticket Members - Allen Americans
- Oilers Add Two Players Ahead of 2020-21 Season - Tulsa Oilers
- Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule
- Mavericks Bring on Rookie Winger Anthony Rinaldi for 2020-21
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Notre Dame Alum Dylan Malmquist Returns from Europe to Join Mavs