Kamloops Blazers Sign Alex Kilba to a One-Day Contract
Kamloops, BC - The Kamloops Blazers have announced the signing of 26-year-old Alex Kilba to a one day contract to join the Kamloops Blazers. Kilba will be a part of the Blazers today as they host the Vancouver Giants at 7:00pm at the Sandman Centre.
Kilba was born with Spina Bifida which is a birth defect which stopped his spine from fully forming. He is paralyzed from the waist down and has had to use a wheelchair his entire life.
As part of Kilba joining the Blazers for the day. He will receive a jersey with his name and number, he will attend pregame video sessions and meetings. He will also come on to the ice with the team prior to the start of the game and be announced as part of the starting line-up.
Kilba is a life-long Kamloops Blazers fan and currently a season ticket holder.
For ticketing information, please contact Jim or David at 250-828-1144 or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Liwiski Suspended - Kelowna Rockets
- Raiders, Silvertips Hold Steady in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Kamloops Blazers Sign Alex Kilba to a One-Day Contract - Kamloops Blazers
- Game 63 vs Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Wednesday, March 6 at Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Patera, Wheat Kings Blank Ice - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Tips Spring to First behind 3-1 Victory - Everett Silvertips
- Tanya Shea Named February's Community Member of the Month Presented by Spring Honda - Kootenay Ice
- Chase Hartje Named February's Player of the Month Presented by Jewels on Ninth - Kootenay Ice
- Wheat Kings Blank ICE 7-0 - Kootenay Ice
- Blades Secure Home Ice with Fifth Straight Win - Saskatoon Blades
- Everett Stops Streaking Spokane - Spokane Chiefs
- Broncos Shutout in Prince Albert - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Clinch Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy With Shutout Win - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kamloops Blazers Stories
- Quinn Schmiemann on NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Blazers and Lajoie Mutually Part Ways
- Zary, Garand, Lang to Participate in Under-18 Training Camps
- Kamloops Blazers Sign Alex Kilba to a One-Day Contract
- Dr. Bob Smillie to Receive WHL Distinguished Service Award Friday, March 1 vs. Seattle