Jr. Hat Tricks Fall to Johnstown in Overtime
JOHNSTOWN, PA - The Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks (12-41-5-1, 30 pts) fell in overtime 3-2 to the Johnstown Tomahawks (33-20-4-2, 72 pts) on Friday night.
The Jr. Hat Tricks set the pace early with a two-goal lead after the first period.
Peter Lajoy struck first, about midway through the opening frame. He was assisted by Peter Lychnikoff and Andrew Eberling. With three minutes remaining in the first period, Owen Simmons chipped in a goal of his own. Simmons was assisted by Lajoy and Lychnikoff.
Goaltender Adam Johnson remained in net all 64 minutes of the game. He faced pressure all night by Johnstown, but still made 31 saves.
Danbury will spend the night in Pennsylvania and will play the final game of the season at the 1st Summit Arena on Saturday night.
The puck is set to drop at 7 pm on Saturday and can be seen live on HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from April 15, 2022
- Bulls' Home Season Ends with 5-3 Defeat to St. Cloud - North Iowa Bulls
- Jr. Hat Tricks Fall to Johnstown in Overtime - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Rhinos Down Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Menghini's Multi-Goal Performance Seals Home Ice for First Round of Playoffs - Austin Bruins
- Tomahawks Secure Playoff Berth with Overtime Win - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Weekend Preview: Jets at Jr. Blues (G59 & G60) - Janesville Jets
- Game Postponed - Minot Minotauros
- Weekend Preview vs. New Mexico Ice Wolves - Odessa Jackalopes
- Jr. Hat Tricks Begin Final Series of the Season - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.