John Mori given league recognit
FLINT, MI - Flint Generals rookie right winger John Mori was given league recognition Tuesday, as Meijer/IHL Rookie of the Month for the month of November.
The 23-year old Westport, CT native acquired ten points in 12 games this month netting six goals and four assists, bringing his total to 12 points. He ended the month with a four- game point streak, scoring four goals and three assists, which included a multi-point game in a 5-4 loss to Fort Wayne Nov. 26 when he tallied one goal and two assists.
Mori leads all IHL rookies in goals scored with seven and is third among rookies in scoring with 12 (7 goals and 5 assists).
Mori will join Steve Silver, Brandon Gentile and Rob Nolan Thursday, Dec. 3rd for the Generals first Player of the Month Luncheon at Wize Guys Pizza on S. Saginaw Street in Flint from 12:30-1:30pm.
The Generals are back in action Friday at Perani Arena as they welcome the Bloomington PrairieThunder for "Pre-Holiday Shopping Night." Local businesses will have tables setup around the concourse prior to and throughout the game selling their products to the fans. It is also Greater Flint Minor Hockey Night and Season Ticket Holder Bring a Friend Night. Season Ticket Holders receive one VIP voucher for every season ticket purchased and are encouraged to use the voucher to introduce somebody brand new to Flint Generals hockey. Vouchers can be picked up in the Team Store at Perani Wednesday and Thursday from 9am-5pm and on Friday until 3pm.
Tickets for Friday's game and all Generals home games are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. For group ticket information, call the Generals office at 810-744-0222 or visit our website www.flintgenerals.com. All games are available for viewing on our website through the B2 Networks.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 1, 2009
- Mallards Santa Sacks Now Available - Quad City Mallards
- John Mori given league recognit - Flint Generals
- Booras suspension - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Generals November 25th game rescheduled Monday January 25th - Flint Generals
- Dipace, Centomo November Players Of Month - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Meijer IHL Players Of The Month For November Named - IHL 2
- Icehawks Players To Join Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals