Jets Sign MIkhail Berdin to a Contract Extension
WINNIPEG -The Winnipeg Jets announced today they have agreed to terms with goaltender Mikhail Berdin on a two-year contract extension with an average annual value in the NHL of $750,000. The extension includes the 2021-22 season, which is a two-way deal, while the 2022-23 season is a one-way deal.
Berdin, 22, played 42 games for the Manitoba Moose in 2019-20 and went 20-21-1 with a 2.89 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage. The native of Ufa, Russia started the 2020-21 season with 14 games for SKA St. Petersburg and had a 6-3-2 record with a 2.51 GAA and a .912 SV%. Berdin originally came to North America when he played two seasons in the USHL with the Sioux Falls Stampede before making his professional debut with the Moose and the ECHL's Jacksonville Icemen in 2018-19.
Berdin was Winnipeg's sixth round pick (157th overall) in the 2016 NHL Draft.
Born Mar 1 1998 -- Ufa, Russia
Height 6.02 -- Weight 184 -- Shoots R
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 17, 2020
- Jets Sign MIkhail Berdin to a Contract Extension - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins and Versiti Blood Center to Host Blood Drive at Van Andel Arena on January 2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League, ECHL Join Hockey Is for Everyone Campaign - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Moose Rally Falls Short
- Manitoba Edged by Laval, 2-1
- Moose Edged, 4-3
- Moose Pull away in Third, 4-2
- Moose Announce Full 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule