Jeff Carroll undergoes surgery
WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 20, 2008) - D.C. United announced today midfielder Jeff Carroll has undergone successful surgery to repair a ruptured plantar plate in his left big toe. Dr. Lew Schon, a foot and ankle specialist at Greater Chesapeake Surgery Center in Lutherville, MD, performed the procedure. Carroll is expected to miss three to six months of action.
Selected in the fourth round (39th overall) of the 2006 Major League Soccer SuperDraft, Carroll has made two first team appearances, one start, in his career with the Black-and-Red. A key performer within the reserve system, the St. John's product led the reserve team in minutes played in 2006 and totaled 710 minutes last season, posting two assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2008
- Kenny Mansally and Adam Cristman strike as Revs post shutout in second preseason match - New England Revolution
- Rapids Win and Tie in Bradenton - Colorado Rapids
- Fire Tie Toronto FC 1-1 in Preseason Scrimmage - Chicago Fire
- FC Dallas open tryouts to begin this weekend for Sueño MLS: "The Dream Continues" - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Kick Off Camp Programs - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire to Continue 2008 Preseason in Mexico - Chicago Fire
- Jeff Carroll undergoes surgery - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- United Announce Founding Partnership with Heineken
- United Acquire 2017 USL MVP Dane Kelly
- United Extend Partnership with Richmond Kickers Through 2018 Season
- United Acquire Deportivo Saprissa Defender Joseph Mora
- United Acquire 2018 International Roster Spot from the Portland Timbers