Jed Bradley Named FSL Pitcher of the Week
VIERA, Fla. - The Florida State League announced on Monday that Brevard County Manatees' starting pitcher Jed Bradley was named the league's player of the week for the period of May 5-11.
On May 8, Bradley threw 6.2 scoreless innings and earned the win as the Manatees defeated the Daytona Cubs, 7-0 at Space Coast Stadium. The lefty threw 94 pitches with 61 of them going for strikes, while allowing just two hits, two walks and striking out seven. Bradley set the Cubs down in order in the second, fourth and sixth innings.
This is Bradley's second FSL Pitcher of the Week honor of the season. He earned the award for the period of April 14-20.
Entering play on Monday, Bradley is tied for the league lead with four wins. He is also tied for second with 42 strikeouts and tied for fourth with a 1.00 WHIP.
The southpaw has the fourth-best highest strikeouts per nine innings pitched ratio in the FSL, as he is averaging 9.69 strikeouts per nine innings. Bradley is also tied for second in fewest baserunners per nine innings pitched with an average of nine baserunners allowed per nine innings.
In seven starts thus far in 2014, Bradley is 4-1 with a 2.77 ERA in 39 innings of work.
Bradley was the 15th overall selection by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft out of Georgia Tech.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 12, 2014
- Miscues Malign Manatees in Loss to Miracle - Brevard County Manatees
- Kleven Throws 7 Innings in Loss - Clearwater Threshers
- Dunedin Edges Palm Beach in Series Opener - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Tomshaw Tosses Six Scoreless in 8-2 Win over Manatees - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Mets Battle Yankees at Tradition Field - St. Lucie Mets
- Jed Bradley Named FSL Pitcher of the Week - Brevard County Manatees
- Florida State League Names Players of the Week - FSL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.