Jay Bruce & Ryan Hanigan on Rehab
Former Louisville Bats and current Cincinnati Reds OF Jay Bruce (83g, .207-18-41) and C Ryan Hanigan (74g, .272-2-9) join the team today on Major League rehab and are expected to stay through Monday. Bruce fractured his right wrist on July 11 while diving for a ball in the outfield and was placed on the DL the next day. Hanigan suffered a concussion on August 23 in Pittsburgh and was placed on the DL August 25.
Bruce was the Minor League Player of Year in 2007 and spent the first two months of the 2008 season with the Bats before being recalled by Cincinnati on May 27. In 2008 he finished fourth among rookies in voting for the National League's Jackie Robinson Award and entered last season rated by Baseball America as the organization's top prospect and by MLB.com as the top prospect in all of baseball.
Hanigan was a mid-season and post-season International League All-Star with the Bats last year and was rated in Baseball America's 2008 Best Tools issue as the best defensive catcher in the IL. He was promoted to the Reds on August 10 and started 25 of Cincinnati's final 44 games of the '08 season.
Fan Appreciation Day - Sunday, Sept. 6, 6:15 p.m.
- $1 hot dogs and $1 Pepsi
- Post-Game Fireworks
- Appearance by Quick Change (photo attached)
- Kids 12 & under, who signed up for Kosair Children's Hospital Knothole Gang, may show their membership card at the gate and receive a Field Reserved Seat for only $1!
Fan Appreciation Day - Monday, Sept. 7, 1:15 p.m. - Labor Day
- $1 hot dogs and $1 Pepsi
- Kids Run the Bases (post-game)
- Appearance by Jake the Diamond Dog (photo attached)
Megan Dimond Director of Media & Public Relations Louisville Bats Louisville Slugger Field 401 E. Main St. Louisville, KY 40202 email@example.com
Direct: (502) 614-4540 Main Office: (502) 212-2287 ext. 640 Fax: (502) 515-2255
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 3, 2009
- Knights Caught up in Bulls Stampede - Charlotte Knights
- Dorn's Two-Run Double And A Four-Run Rally Lead Bats Over Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Tides Pick Up a Win - Norfolk Tides
- Bulls Clinch Playoff Spot - Durham Bulls
- IronPigs Face Chiefs Tonight - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- International League News and Notes - IL
- Condrey to Rehab at Coca-Cola Park - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Kratz Selected to Postseason All-Star Team - Indianapolis Indians
- Jay Bruce & Ryan Hanigan on Rehab - Louisville Bats
- Bisons Game Notes September 3rd - Buffalo Bisons
- Walleye/Bullfrogs Season Tickets Over 2,200 - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.