Jarrod Uthoff and Dusty Hannahs Earn All-NBA G League Honors
Memphis, Tenn. - The NBA G League today announced that Hustle forward Jarrod Uthoff was named to the All-NBA G League First Team and Hustle guard Dusty Hannahs was named to the All-NBA G League Third Team. General managers and head coaches throughout the league voted on all postseason player awards.
Uthoff (6-9, 220) became the first Hustle player to average a double-double in a season, posting 18.9 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.38 steals and 1.06 blocks in 34 games (all starts) while shooting 49.1 percent overall, 36.7 percent from long range and 79.0 percent from the free throw line. The Iowa alum was the only player in the league (min. 15 games) to post those averages at minimum. Uthoff collected 19 double-doubles for the season while recording 21 games with 10-or-more rebounds and four games with 15-or-more rebounds. The 27-year-old also had 13 games with multiple steals and 11 games with multiple blocks. Uthoff signed a 10-day contract with the Memphis Grizzlies on Feb. 27 and made four appearances with the team.
Hannahs (6-4, 195) led the league's most efficient offense in scoring at 21.3 points per game while also logging 2.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game in 37 games (24 starts). The franchise's all-time leading scorer was the only player in the league to finish in the Top 10 among qualifiers for scoring, field goal percentage (.469) and three-point percentage (.448). He was also the only player to shoot at least 45 percent from the field, 40 percent from long range and 90 percent from the free throw line (.915) while averaging at least 20 points per game. Additionally, Hannahs earned NBA G League Player of the Week honors for games played between Nov. 25 and Dec. 1. On Feb. 21, he signed a 10-day contract with the Grizzlies and appeared in two games.
The Hustle finished the regular season with a 26-15 record (.634), marking the club's highest winning percentage in its three seasons. Memphis' 10-0 start also marked the best start by any team in league history. The team had three GATORADE Call-Ups during the 2019-20 season: Uthoff, Hannahs and Matt Mooney, who signed a two-way contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Jan. 15.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 26, 2020
- Frank Mason III and Jaylen Adams Named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team - Wisconsin Herd
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors - Grand Rapids Drive
- Delaware Blue Coats' Marial Shayok and Christ Koumadje Receive 2019-20 All-NBA G League Honors - Delaware Blue Coats
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Johnathan Motley Earns All G-League Honors - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Jarrell Brantley Earns All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Honors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters Receive All-NBA G League Honors - Maine Red Claws
- Johnson, Magette and Law Named to All-NBA G League Teams - Lakeland Magic
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team - Long Island Nets
- Jarrod Uthoff and Dusty Hannahs Earn All-NBA G League Honors - Memphis Hustle
- MVP Frank Mason III Headlines 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team - G League
- Devontae Cacok Named to All-NBA G League First Team - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Hustle Can't Overcome Poor Shooting Effort in Loss to Nets
- Hustle Use Balanced Scoring Effort to Blow Past Knicks
- Hustle Second-Unit Leads the Way in Victory over Clippers
- Hustle Fall to Wolves Despite Big Games from Boatwright and Stockton
- Hustle Overcome 25-Point Deficit Before Fading in Final Minutes