Frank Mason III and Jaylen Adams Named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team
OSHKOSH, Wis - The NBA G League announced today that Wisconsin Herd guards Frank Mason III and Jaylen Adams have been named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team, while Wisconsin Herd forward Jemerrio Jones has been named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League Third Team.
Mason, who was named the 2019-20 NBA G League Most Valuable Player on June 25, appeared in 23 games (all starts) and collected averages of 26.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.1 steals, while shooting 50.4% from the field, 42.5% from beyond the arc and 81.5% at the free throw line. His 26.4 points ranked first among all players who appeared in 10 or more games, and he joined Amile Jefferson as the only players to average 25 points while shooting 50% or higher from the field. In addition to leading the league in scoring average, Mason was one of three players to shoot at least 50% overall, 40% from three and 80% at the line.
Mason led the Wisconsin Herd in scoring on 15 occasions and totaled 20 20-point performances, seven 30-point efforts and one 40-point outing. In his final six games played, he tallied 206 points (34.3 avg.) and scored 30 points or more in five of the contests. After posting averages of 29.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals on 56.1% shooting, Mason was named the NBA G League Player of the Month for February. In franchise history, Mason ranks fifth in three-pointers (77), sixth in points (608) and field goals (212) and eighth in free throws (75).
Joining Mason on the All-NBA G League First Team is Jaylen Adams, who appeared in 33 games (32 starts) with the Wisconsin Herd during the 2019-20 season. Adams garnered averages of 21.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 1.8 steals, while shooting 48.6% overall, 40.7% from three and 78.8% at the line. He scored in double figures in 31 of the 33 games played, had eight games with double-digit field goals and collected 19 20-point games and four 30-point efforts. Among qualifiers, Adams was one of six players who ranked in the top 20 in both scoring average (21.5 - 3rd) and assists per game (5.7 - T-18th).
In January, Adams collected weekly and monthly accolades, winning the Player of the Week award on Jan. 27 and Player of the Month honors for January. For the month, he averaged 22.6 points, 4.4 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 1.6 steals, while shooting 50.6% from the floor. In total, Adams posted the third-highest total plus/minus (+233), and in team history, he ranks third in steals (61), fourth in assists (189), field goals (250), three-point field goals (87) and points (710) and sixth in free throws (89).
Mason and Adams join Jarrell Brantley (Salt Lake City Stars), Devontae Cacok (South Bay Lakers) and Jared Uthoff (Memphis Hustle) on the All-NBA G League First Team.
In conjunction with two first team selections, Herd forward Jemerrio Jones has been named to the All-NBA G League Third Team. In 42 games (40 starts), Jones recorded averages of 10.8 points, 12.0 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.3 steals, while shooting 55.5% from the field. He tallied 10 points or more 23 times and recorded a team-high 19 double-doubles. Jones was one of two players to post averages of 10 points, 12 rebounds and four assists on 55% shooting or higher.
Jones' 12.0 rebounds per contest ranked second and he led the league in offensive (169), defensive (335) and total (504) rebounds. Additionally, Jones led all forwards with 194 assists, and he was the lone player to post at least 500 rebounds and 150 assists. For the season, he ranked fourth in total plus/minus (+226) and in Herd history, he ranks third in assists (194), fourth in blocks (37) and steals (55), tied for ninth in games played (42) and 10th in field goals (194).
Jones joins Justin Anderson (Long Island Nets), Dusty Hannahs (Memphis Hustle), Vic Law (Lakeland Magic) and Marial Shayok (Delaware Blue Coats) on the All-NBA G League Third Team.
The Herd are the lone team with two players on the first team and one of two teams (Lakeland Magic) with three players on the All-NBA G League teams.
Below is a complete list of all the 2019-20 All-NBA G League teams:
Jaylen Adams - Wisconsin Herd
Jarrell Brantley - Salt Lake City Stars
Devontae Cacok - South Bay Lakers
Frank Mason III - Wisconsin Herd
Jarrod Uthoff - Memphis Hustle
Donta Hall - Grand Rapids Drive
BJ Johnson - Lakeland Magic
Josh Magette - Lakeland Magic
Johnathan Motley - Agua Caliente Clippers
Tremont Waters - Maine Red Claws
Justin Anderson - Long Island Nets
Dusty Hannahs - Memphis Hustle
Jemerrio Jones - Wisconsin Herd
Vic Law - Lakeland Magic
Marial Shayok - Delaware Blue Coats
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 26, 2020
- Frank Mason III and Jaylen Adams Named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team - Wisconsin Herd
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors - Grand Rapids Drive
- Delaware Blue Coats' Marial Shayok and Christ Koumadje Receive 2019-20 All-NBA G League Honors - Delaware Blue Coats
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Johnathan Motley Earns All G-League Honors - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Jarrell Brantley Earns All-NBA G League First Team, All-Rookie Honors - Salt Lake City Stars
- Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters Receive All-NBA G League Honors - Maine Red Claws
- Johnson, Magette and Law Named to All-NBA G League Teams - Lakeland Magic
- Justin Anderson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team - Long Island Nets
- Jarrod Uthoff and Dusty Hannahs Earn All-NBA G League Honors - Memphis Hustle
- MVP Frank Mason III Headlines 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team - G League
- Devontae Cacok Named to All-NBA G League First Team - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Jaylen Adams to Two-Way Contract
- Season Recap
- NBA G League Recognizes Wisconsin Herd for Best Record in Eastern Conference
- Frank Mason III and Jaylen Adams Named to the 2019-20 All-NBA G League First Team
- Frank Mason III Named 2019-20 NBA G League Most Valuable Player