Jantel Lavender Undergoes Successful Surgery
CHICAGO - The Chicago Sky announced today that forward Jantel Lavender underwent successful surgery to address a fifth metatarsal fracture in her left foot. The procedure was performed by Dr. Kenneth Jung at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Jobe Institute in Los Angeles.
Lavender has started a rest and rehabilitation program and is expected to make a full recovery.
After discussions with the Sky medical staff and team doctors, it was agreed upon by all parties that it would be best for her to remain under the supervision of a team of doctors and therapists while she continues her treatment and rehabilitation. Therefore, she will not travel with the team to Bradenton, Fla. for the upcoming 2020 WNBA season.
Further updates will be provided as appropriate.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 30, 2020
- Jantel Lavender Undergoes Successful Surgery - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Chicago Sky Launches Beyond Basketball Pitch Competition, Will Award $90,000 to Local Businesses
- Courtney Vandersloot Named to All-WNBA First Team for Second Consecutive Season
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth