James Pantemis Called up by the Canadian National Team
MONTREAL - Goalkeeper James Pantemis has been selected by the Canadian national team on Sunday to take part in the second Concacaf Nations League A game against Cuba, on September 10 in George Town, in the Cayman Islands.
The Reds won their first matchup against Cuba in Group A 6-0, last Saturday night in Toronto.
Pantemis, 22, will join the senior side for the fourth time. He was first called up to the Canadian U15 team in 2012 and also played with the U16, U17, U18 and U20 teams, before being called up for three senior team camps in 2017 and 2018. He recently represented Canada at the Toulon tournament in 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 8, 2019
- James Pantemis Called up by the Canadian National Team - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 9-14 - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Earn 2-1 Comeback Win against Sporting Kansas City - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Drops 2-0 Road Result at Colorado Rapids - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Falls 2-1 on the Road to Portland Timbers - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders FC - September 7, 2019 - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.