Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 9-14
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (Sept. 8, 2019) - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will return to league play Saturday, Sept. 14 in a nationally-televised match against FC Dallas at SeatGeek Stadium. Scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m. CT, the match will serve as the Fire's Mexican Heritage Day celebration, including on-site activations for fans in attendance in Bridgeview. Additionally, the game against FC Dallas will be televised nationally on Twitter (English) and Univision (Spanish) and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN Radio Chicago 1200 AM.
Saturday's match will mark the Fire's first home game since Aug. 17. In its most recent game at SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago earned a 2-0 win over the Philadelphia Union on Aug. 17. The Fire (8-12-10, 34 points) currently sit within five points of a playoff position with four games remaining in the regular season. Most recently, the Men in Red drew Columbus Crew SC 1-1 at MAPFRE Stadium on Aug. 31. Midfielder Przemys?aw Frankowski scored the equalizer in the 94th minute helping the Fire earn an important point against their Eastern Conference rivals.
Saturday's match will mark the first meeting between Chicago and FC Dallas this season. Sitting in seventh place in the Western Conference standings, FC Dallas (12-10-7, 43 points) is coming off a 3-1 win over FC Cincinnati at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas, on Aug. 31. Entering the match against the Fire, FC Dallas is winless in its last three away matches. The club's last road win occurred on July 20 in a 2-0 victory over Sporting Kansas City.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 8, 2019
- James Pantemis Called up by the Canadian National Team - Montreal Impact
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 9-14 - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Earn 2-1 Comeback Win against Sporting Kansas City - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Drops 2-0 Road Result at Colorado Rapids - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Falls 2-1 on the Road to Portland Timbers - Sporting Kansas City
- Colorado Rapids vs Seattle Sounders FC - September 7, 2019 - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Bastian Schweinsteiger Ranked No. 5 on List of Top-Selling Adidas MLS Jerseys
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Exercises 2020 Contract Options for Micheal Azira, Jeremiah Gutjahr and Fabian Herbers
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Acquire Former Real Madrid Midfielder Alvaro Medran
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, City of Chicago and Chicago Park District Announce the Team's Return to Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Retires from Professional Soccer