Jacks Even Series with 5-1 Win over Texas
(North Richland Hills, TX) - The Odessa Jackalopes got 27 saves from Juha Toivonen and a pair of goals from Sebastien Thinel as they topped the Texas Brahmas, 5-1, at the NYTEX Sports Centre on Friday night. The win evens up the Southern Conference Semifinal series at 2-2 as the road team has won every game in the series so far.
Thinel's first tally was part of a three-goal first period as the Jackalopes took the lead and early control in the game. Mike Ramsay opened the scoring at 7:09, followed by Collin Circelli at 12:53 on the power play, and then Thinel at 15:07 as he took a pass on the right side of the net, and buried his own rebound for Odessa.
The game's scoring was halted until the third period, when Odessa's Jeff Pierce scored on a rebound at 7:11 to extend the Jacks' lead to four. Kevin Seibel scored the lone goal for the Brahmas as his wrist shot from the point slipped through traffic, and past Toivonen who never saw the puck.
Thinel capped off the game with his second of the night at 18:47, a bad-angle shot from the left-wing corner on a Brahmas turnover.
It was the second straight game that the Jackalopes ended the first period with a 3-0 lead and the second straight game that Brahmas goaltender, Joe Palmer, came on in relief of Brett Jaeger.
The win now extends the series to at least six games in order to decide a winner. Game five will be played on Saturday back in Odessa at the Ector County Coliseum. Game time is set for 7:05 PM. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 2, 2010
- Rush Advance to Northern Conference Finals with 7-6 Overtime Thriller - Rapid City Rush
- Northern Conference Finals Set Rush Take On Mudbugs - CHL
- Mavericks Battle to 7-6 OT Loss, Inaugural Season Comes to an End - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks Even Series with 5-1 Win over Texas - Odessa Jackalopes
- Series now tied - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Letter From The Arizona Sundogs - Arizona Sundogs
- CHL Decision Made Regarding Arizona Sundogs - CHL
- Colorado Eagles 2009-10 Season In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Host Allen Saturday In Huge Game Five - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks' Road Watch Party Tuesday At Hal's - Laredo Bucks
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Rush To Host "White Out" And Look To Close Out Northern Conference Semifinals Tonight - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.