Jackals Rout Aigles in 10-3 Win
It was all New Jersey tonight as the Jackals rolled past Trois-Rivieres by a 10-3 final. The Jackals had a 2-1 lead after three innings of play before tallying seven runs over the next four to open the game up and win going away.
There were 16 hits collected by New Jersey with five batters having multi-hit games. Jackals CF Jay Gonzalez led the way at the plate going 3-for-5 with four runs scored and an RBI. New Jersey SS Santiago Chirino had a four-hit game along with three RBIs while RF Demetrius Moorer plated three runs and walked twice in a 1-for-3 night.'
Jackals pitcher Matt Dallas threw three scoreless innings and notched the victory. The 26-year-old gave up two walks and three hits while striking out three batters. With the win, Dallas is now 3-0 on the season.
Second baseman Tucker Nathans went 3-for-5 with a run scored for the Aigles.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Malik Collymore Ties Can-Am Record for Stolen Bases in a Season But Champions Lose 9-4 - Ottawa Champions
- Can-Am League Reveals 2019 Postseason All-Star Team - Can-Am
- Jackals Rout Aigles in 10-3 Win - New Jersey Jackals
- Outfielder Alfredo Marte Named Can-Am League Player of the Year - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Frontier League Named as Partner League of Major League Baseball
- New Jersey Jackals Announce Job Fair Dates
- NJ Jackals Sign Can-Am League Player of the Year Alfredo Marte to Contract Extension
- New Jersey Jackals Sign RHP Dylan Brammer to Contract Extension
- NJ Jackals Acquire RHP John Hayes; Sign C-1B Richard Stock to Contract Extension