Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes split their weekend set at Colorado, but earned three of a possible four points in the standings to pull closer to second place in the Central Hockey League's Berry Conference. Odessa continues their road trip this week in Arizona against the Sundogs.
Last week's record: 1-0-1
Season overall: 18-14-4
Friday at Colorado, 4-3 Win
Todd Robinson scored a pair of power play goals plus finished with a three-point night, along with Dominic Leveille and Sebastien Thinel, as the Jacks won their second straight game at the Budweiser Events Center. Alex Dunn scored the game-winner as Odessa held off a last minute rush by the Eagles to preserve the win.
Saturday at Colorado, 3-2 (SO) Loss
Matt Glasser tied the game for Colorado with 1:40 left to play in the game, and Daymen Rycroft's goal in the shootout's fourth round shut the door on the Jacks. Michel Robinson made 33 saves for Odessa in the loss. Dominic Leveille and Mike Ramsay each scored for Odessa.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Wednesday at Arizona, 8:05 PM CST
Friday at Arizona, 8:05 PM CST
Saturday at Arizona, 8:05 PM CST
The Jackalopes close out their annual "Rodeo Road Trip" in Prescott Valley AZ against the Sundogs. The Jackalopes won their only previous meeting against Arizona this season by a 5-3 score. Sebastien Thinel tallied three assists while Kenny Corupe and Jeff Pierce each added two point nights.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel is currently on a nine-game point streak with 19 points (two goals, 17 assists) over that span.Todd Robinson's first period goal in Friday's win at Colorado was the 300th of his pro career.The Jackalopes have earned standings points in each of the last eight games going 6-0-2...Odessa's Friday win at Colorado makes it two in their last three contests in the Budweiser Events Center, after going 0-9-1 in their first 10 games there historically.Saturday's game at Colorado was the 500th in the pro career of Sebastien Thinel.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 16, 2011
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rush Lose 5-2 in Only Meeting with PrairieThunder - Rapid City Rush
- Brahmas Coaches And Players To Host Ladies Hockey 101 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Forward Sean Muncy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Killer Bees Complete Trade with Mavs, Muncy to Missouri - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Komets Swamp RiverKings 6-1; Dupuis Claims Records - Fort Wayne Komets
- Power Play Dooms RiverKings in Road Trip Wind Up - Mississippi RiverKings
- PrairieThunder Ends Three Game Losing Streak and Defeats Rapid City - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- Komets Stop PrairieThunder 5-3, RiverKings Visit Today at 5pm - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.